Whatcha doing today?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So... moved the liner my sister gave me, started laying it out, found 8 mouse holes. Two are really close together, could do one big patch on that. But I’m ready to get this done! So going to try patching one of the two liners I have, to try and get a good one, and get it in and filled. So next trip to Lowe’s, I’m going for that pl roofing goop. I’ll do a patch on the outside and on the inside, sandwiching the hole between them.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I’m going for that pl roofing goop. I’ll do a patch on the outside and on the inside, sandwiching the hole between them.
I also put goop all around the edge of the inside of the pond piece. Take sand paper and rough it up some. The hole I fixed in the stock tank that way has now held for years.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Waiting for the snow to fall! Sounds like we will finally have a significant snow storm it has been over 2 years. 18 f right now, today might hit 30, so the snow is landing on frozen ground.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Kitty woke me, we’ve got rain and a bit of nice deep thunder. Addy, you can keep the frozen stuff, I’m enjoying a few not frozen days. But it wasn’t supposed to rain till tomorrow. Kinda puts a kink in our plans for the day. Hard to use power tools when it’s wet.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The kids poo and pee fast when it is this cold! Right now 16f they stick their nose out, run out do their business and back in a flash. Missy is off leash, lil bear under leash control. He has not learned he can not catch a rabbit, well he might he is darn fast, but then may disappear.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m getting rain this morning. Hopefully it clears up soon, I need to work on fixing the pond liners.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Helping dad switch the neck out n his work trailer, and had a kitty helper. Spook had to supervise, all good. Then, as I’m holding some binders for dad, he walked up to me, decided that these things, ( or me) were his, turned tail and sprayed. I stopped him before he could do more than a quick spray, but I now need to wash my jacket, which ended up getting rust on it too, but still! All the males are being jerks. Hubbys neutered dog tried to mark the couch last night, the cat marking me, I’m about to say no cahones on 4 legs will remain if they can’t fix their attitudes!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So that part is done, I’m working on sanding the edges of the patches so they’ll hold well. For the two bigger holes, I have to put two pieces together, so they’ll have enough extra along the edges. My plan is pre prep the patches, and if it’s warmer tomorrow, I’ll prep the liner itself. Scrub, sand, then wipe clean. Then on the liner, I’ll do a ring of adhesive along the hole, and on the patch, I’ll follow the edges, so it will have a double row of adhesive, on both sides, since I’ll be doing the same thing on both sides of the liners. It may be overkill, but better than have a problem later.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Well our 8-12 inch snow has ended up being 3 to 4 ish, with a ice layer.

Going to make pound cakes and make the house smell real good!

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
2nd day of going thru all the home canned food in the basement. Opened a jar of berry pie filling that had fermented! Found 4 cases of salsa and veggies that were old so now I get to load up dishwasher with 40+ canning jars.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
2nd day of going thru all the home canned food in the basement. Opened a jar of berry pie filling that had fermented! Found 4 cases of salsa and veggies that were old so now I get to load up dishwasher with 40+ canning jars.
When my mom passed, my dad's biggest request was to clean out the clutter. My mom did sewing yarn stuff, painting etc and canned a lot of food. Well some of the stuff was so old it looked sort of gray, still sealed. Some look good but dated 15 years or so ago. I filled up a dumpster getting rid of stuff for my dad. All hauled out of the basement we build a zillion years before.

Dropping some good snow again, it had stopped and mainly sleet this am, now a nice steady snow.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
When my mom passed, my dad's biggest request was to clean out the clutter. My mom did sewing yarn stuff, painting etc and canned a lot of food. Well some of the stuff was so old it looked sort of gray, still sealed. Some look good but dated 15 years or so ago. I filled up a dumpster getting rid of stuff for my dad. All hauled out of the basement we build a zillion years before.

Dropping some good snow again, it had stopped and mainly sleet this am, now a nice steady snow.
Yea and i wouldn't venture out i went to Conowingo when it let up and not 30 minutes latter damn near a white out and roads are terrible at least 10 cars off the road even on route 1 secondary forget it i have awd and damn good snows and i know how to drive in snow being from New England and it was bad.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Its very sad to me that what is important to someone, that when they pass most of it is thrown away . My dad was the same way. not so much sewing stuff , but all the tools supplies and such. I look at my stuff and see the same it might still work but is so outdated its put to the side. Guess i should start making it easier for the Mrs. and start getting rid of things . I got lots of stuff , i love to repurpose and there's probably only a small hand full of jobs where leftovers or throwaways didn't get added to the collection.

Ask a Question