Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@MoonShadows - maybe next year you can get yourselves a big tree. :ROFLMAO:

lau.gif

Thought you guys might like that. We brought our tree into the house today. We cut it down 2 weeks ago at a local tree farm. My better half handles decorating the tree and other indoor decorations; I don't have the patience. I do the outside decorations. We decorate in the 1950's style, complete with larger lights with the old reflectors, period ornaments, and REAL leaded tinsel. I bought a case of it years ago, and have enough to last my lifetime. We also have a good number of the old blow mold figures that we remember as kids from the mid 1950's. In fact, all of our decorations are from the 1940's, 50's and 60's. I'll post a pics after we finish decorating.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We drove home. It was 73 there warm 42 here. It was 20th this am in South Carolina.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Gosh if you cut that down by yourselves ,there sure was a lot of you .:);)Supposed to get back up to 60's again here and was 53 today and sunny .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's @sissy 's state so it must somehow be her fault. Prolly holding up traffic w/all the good junk she found for cheap :LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Home. New car may not be as bad as the mechanic tried to tell my MiL. Evil folks trying to overcharge a sweet old lady.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's @sissy 's state so it must somehow be her fault. Prolly holding up traffic w/all the good junk she found for cheap :LOL:
It was bad, no accident, no cops just too darn much traffic, and there where 6 lanes. All we could think was shoppers, it started near one huge mall and kept going past all the outlet stores until we got into MD. Hard to deal with after driving 1000 some miles.
Home now, internet dead.............comcast coming out, tried to get it fixed via a wonderful neighbor resetting the comcast box checking feeds chatting with comcast. They finally said to have a tech come out.
I have now checked wires, feeds, hard reset, soft reset, I set up a appointment for them to come out tomorrow they did call and try to get us to redo all, but refused to have my neighbor come over again and do fixes that didn't work the first time.

Got someone coming to pick up a rear projection tv I hauled from AZ, huge in the basement. 72 inch, he has the same and his wife wants the same to fit into their entertainment center. Barely been turned on so it is almost new.
Gave it away, need the room, we are doing a remodel to make more space for bee stuff. Make a place to process the honey rather than the kitchen. I had it loaded with bee stuff from April until September, I want my kitchen back lol

So busy and darn cold out there, 23f, getting the body readjusted.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@j.w I have dealt with plantar fasciitis twice, both times related to being rear ended while driving with no shoes on - bad habit. I slammed on the brakes with my bare foot and irritated the plantar fascia tendon. Months and months and months of pain. I had cortisone shots, did the icing, wore a splint to bed at night, rolled my foot on golf balls and water bottles, cried every morning when I had to take those first few steps out of bed. I wore lace up shoes with orthotics and my arch taped every day for nine months - and I'm a barefoot/flip flop kind of girl (see above - driving without shoes). And then one day - it was gone. Both times it happened that way. One day soooo painful - next day, gone. I still don't walk barefoot in the house. I bought REALLY GOOD flip flops with arch support. Totally worth the money!

We're big baseball fans and they were talking during the season about how many ballplayers deal with PF because of wearing spikes for so many hours a day. I was very sympathetic to their plight!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Wow @Lisak1 mine is no way near that bad and I am thankful for that for sure! I can go for 3 mile walks and come home and ice it and it is ok for awhile. I do all those things you have done including the bed boot but I have not had a shot and I am bad cuz I wear soft slipper socks indoors. I do all the stretching exercises every day. I also have a bunion on that same foot tho that the doc said may aggravate the Plantar Faciitis. I don't know of any way to get rid of a bunion other than surgery tho. The ok's are getting to be more that the not so hoping the PF is going away. I've seen those flip flops on the internet that look like they have a good arch support.What kind did you buy if I might ask? My doc said Oofo ones were good and I saw some also called Orthaheel Tide Slides.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I don't think any of our highways down my way are 6 lanes so must be nearer to Washington area .There is always traffic up that way .One reason I hate going up to NJ after you get near Washington and the rest of the way up is nothing but traffic or road work being done .Here a traffic jam is 6 cars at a traffic light except when the races are here .Here we are getting back up into the 60's next week .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The cortisone shots were SOOOO painful. The dr said "tell me when you can't stand it anymore" and I said "go ahead and give me the whole shot - I can endure the pain". That's when she explained that they get as much in as they can before you can't take the pain anymore. OOOOOKKKKAYYY! Ouch. The shots did help, but not for long.

The second time it happened, she used a laser treatment which was way more helpful, I thought. I have no idea what the theory is behind why it works, but she used a wand that had a laser on it and massaged my foot with it for about 30 minutes a time. I often wonder if it was just the massage that helped! That time she gave me Voltaren gel for the pain, which I also thought gave some relief. It's a topical analgesic.

What kind did you buy if I might ask?

I bought Croc flip flops - same people who make the Croc clogs that I wear in the garden. So comfy! They are about $40 a pair, which is about $35 more than I would normally pay!

I have a bunion on my troublesome foot too - it's called a Tailor's bunion and it's on the outside of the foot, under the pinkie toe. My foot doctor told me it's the result of having broken a bone on the outside of my foot and recommended a pair of these:

YogaToes-GEMS-Toe-Stretcher.jpg

They're called Yoga Toes. The idea is to realign the bones in your toes - and it has helped. The bunion is still there, but it's about 1/4 the size that it was. They really give your toes a good stretch, too!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for the tips @Lisak1 The bunion is on the side of my big toe and feels hard as a bone and hurts sometimes. I don't know how those gel things work to make that disappear. Is it not really bone growth? Or is it able to be moved so that it is not so big? I don't get it.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I think I will order some of those Toga toe things and see how it goes for Mr Bunion!

Ask a Question