Whatcha doing today?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Gemma, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Gemma

JamieB

Work called, so I didn’t get out to my plants.

JamieB, Jan 31, 2018
    1. Advertisements

2. Gemma

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Going to Baltimore again and again and again

addy1, Jan 31, 2018
    1. Advertisements

3. Gemma

sissy sissy

2 days of doing my laundry room and now i am bored .What next .Geeze now what can I work on .

sissy, Jan 31, 2018
    JamieB likes this.
  4. Gemma

JamieB

You can come work on my place! Lol. I’ve got a lot to get done. Dry wall to get up, yard to mow, plants to dig up, brush piles to burn, wood to haul, cats to cuddle, dogs to play with, wildlife to watch. This place needs a lot of work to get it back into shape. I’m counting down the two weeks till it’s ours, then I can really get started.

JamieB, Jan 31, 2018
  5. Gemma

JamieB

In case I haven’t explained it well, the house and land were all in my step moms name, they figured my dad would die first. They were only common law married, which isn’t recognized by courts any more, so when she died unexpectedly with out a will, it all went to her kids, of which one is in Alabama and only wants money, the other doesn’t want to stay here. So feb 8th is the final court date, so Dad and I can buy it from him. Once they are gone, we will start fixing it up as we want. When Dad passes away, it will be mine, so I’m looking to make it nice for us both, not just his style, but not just what I want either. He’s very western, so I’ll do what I can to find paints and styles that compliment that. I’m more into soothing natural colors than just sands and browns. I love blue and purple, copper

JamieB, Jan 31, 2018
    Gemma, j.w and callingcolleen1 like this.
  6. Gemma

BarbO

Jamie you seem to be a good daughter, your Dad is lucky to have you looking after him now. Good luck with it all!

BarbO, Jan 31, 2018
    callingcolleen1 likes this.
  7. Gemma

JamieB

Every time I go to dig up a cluster of bulbs, I find another. I think I’ll have to wait till they all come up! Gah, I wanted to get them up.

JamieB, Jan 31, 2018
    j.w, sissy and callingcolleen1 like this.
  8. Gemma

callingcolleen1 mad hatter

Laying in bath tub full of hot water, to comfort my tired old bones.... Worked so hard at work yesterday that I was stiff this morning.

callingcolleen1, Jan 31, 2018
    Gemma, j.w and sissy like this.
  9. Gemma

sissy sissy

Jamie I dry walled and insulated my guest house and even built it .That is the 1 job I wish on no one .I thought all the states had common law marriages .I know if you prove imminent domain it can work also .Had a friend do it when her common law hubby died .That was 6 years ago in NJ ,I know because she used my lawyer up there and was happy that I gave him Johns name .She still lives in the house to this day .He used the bills that she paid for everything including the utilities were in her name .

sissy, Jan 31, 2018
  10. Gemma

sissy sissy

Free plants from bulbs are always a gift .

sissy, Jan 31, 2018
  11. Gemma

JamieB

Dad didn’t fight it on the grounds that none of the rest of her family tried to claim any of it. She had told us how she wanted things to go, and if her elder son in Alabama had tried to make a stink, Dad would have put his claim in. I looked up the laws, Dad might have been able to claim part of it, but Oklahoma stopped recognizing common law marriage that started after early 2000s, I guess they weren’t getting their money from lisencing. Either way, Dad is out 48k to buy this place, with contents. It’ll be worth it in the end I hope!

JamieB, Jan 31, 2018
  12. Gemma

JamieB

So Louisiana was a good trip. Saw swamp, lots of deer, hawks, herons, egrets. No gators thankfully! But Lordy, they need to implement an Adopt a highway program, I saw so much trash on the sides of the roads. It was sad. All that plastic is just going to pollute the water ways, kill wildlife, and be a problem for others. I saw many spots where it looks like trash was just dumped. Sad.
    Burn ban on in Oklahoma, saw two wildfires, and where a third one had been put out. We need more precipitation!

JamieB, Feb 3, 2018
    sissy likes this.
  13. Gemma

sissy sissy

I can't stand people that throw trash out their car windows .Here they use prisoners to pick up the trash .Disgusting pigs out there in this world

sissy, Feb 3, 2018
    Gemma likes this.
  14. Gemma

JamieB

I am home! My moms up visiting, trying to start on getting moved out here, so I’ve spent my few hours home talking with her. I’m so tired now I can barely talk, I’ve been up almost 21 hrs. But I’m back!

JamieB, Feb 5, 2018
    addy1 likes this.
  15. Gemma

Gemma

Lucky you @JamieB that can dig into the ground already, I think it'll be at least another month before I can do any work in the yard

For now I've been busy potting my Dahlias and Canna lilies I put in boxes last Fall, every room in my house has pots, it's a great feeling when they start to emerge from the ground ...I love my plants almost as much as my fish! :)

Gemma, Mar 1, 2018
    JamieB and sissy like this.
  16. Gemma

JamieB

It’s been weird weather. We didn’t get a lot of freezing temps, which means bugs will be bad. I had to get all the bulbs dig up so I can solerize the soil so I can replant them this fall. If I can clear the weeds, I can be happy. I’ll be able to enjoy the flowers! And maybe I’ll get them figured out as to what’s what.

JamieB, Mar 1, 2018
  17. Gemma

sissy sissy

watching it rain again

sissy, Mar 1, 2018
  18. Gemma

mrsclem mrsclem

I transplanted some hibiscus seedlings to larger pots and another trip to the hardware store for more supplies for basement redo. Rain today and 60+ mph winds tomorrow so more basement work this weekend.

mrsclem, Mar 1, 2018
  19. Gemma

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

Taxes..............my job today and many other days in between construction

addy1, Mar 2, 2018
  20. Gemma

sissy sissy

I have to take mine yet to my tax guy .I let him do it and for the 25 dollars it is worth it .He does my sons business one for 35 dollars also.

sissy, Mar 2, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question