j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Loaded up firewood, purging house junk, enjoying the sunshine and going to therapy later.
Hungry now, so eating,lol!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I filled the three hollow logs with dirt, then dig out around where the well sleeps so that the hole will fill with water for wildlife to drink, and I’ll put the frog in that tomorrow. If it’s just eat bugs, I’d be cool letting it stay in all winter, but I bet it’ll get out, or eat my fish. Till I read some random threads on here, I never knew frogs would eat fish. So better kick it back out. I think I’ll dig up some of the iris, put them in the bigger planters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Jamie, what can you tell me about that little glass-windowed building? Very interesting!
That was here when they bought it. I guess the people who put it in got the roof and frame from some oil refinery, or something like that. A lot of the glass is broke, but I’m thinking I may make it a green house. If I strip off the old paint, replace door and broken windows, I could do some serious work there.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Rolling my foot on a golf ball watching it rain. Ha ha got my walk in before it started!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Cleaning out my kitchen cabinets so some of them can be moved when the subfloor is replaced .Donating some of the stuff to habitat .Some of the things are like brand new .If I have not used them they need to go

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Found a poor little stray dog. Luckily she wasn’t hurt, and had a collar. Called the vet, they put me in touch with the owner, took her back. Turns out she’s been missing two days, spent at least one night out in the cold in coyote infested farm land. A small breed dog, elderly. She came trotting down our drive, I had to chase her down cause my pups scared her. Brought her in, put her on the couch and she was just so happy to be safe. Turns out her owner was crying to get her dog back, she recently lost a brother and is a special ed teacher. Sweet lady. Took her dog back to her at the end of the school day. Poor pup needs a bath, some burrs removed, and a meal, she’ll be good.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Tomorrow we drive to Springfield mo to go get my MiL’s car, we’re buying from her. Then next week I’ve got a class down in OKC all week. Taking plants to my MiL, she will enjoy them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Well I’m up at an ungodly hour to go to Missouri to get a car. Taking plants. Back seat is half full of tools, so I can’t take all of them, I have to ride back there too. Dad n hubby are going, so I’m riding in the back. MiL is getting some of the pothos sprouts, stepsons roommate is getting the Easter lilly, and sis in law wants the rest. I cut her some spider plant fingerlings, a pothos sprout, and I think I’ll take the cane thing. Only cause I can’t fit the monster plant. Sigh, the goal is to get there by 8 ish, be gone by noonish, and back home by dark. That’ll be over 8 hours on the road, not including any breaks or break downs.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Doing some errands and two business deliveries, working on a new website project, and then we are going to decorate the Christmas tree. We got a real beauty this year. Cut it down ourselves.

APNYCxmastreex1200-768x513.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
@MoonShadows - maybe next year you can get yourselves a big tree. :ROFLMAO:

@JamieB so happy you found that doggie's owner! I hate to think what could have happened if a kind soul hadn't been there! There's a video circulating on our news stations of a coyote attacking a small dog in the owner's suburban Chicago area backyard - densely populated, house to house to house, barely any grass or trees backyard. The dog survived but only because the owner saw it happen and went out screaming. They had a camera so they were able to see later how fast it happened - dog steps off the patio and the coyote is right on it. Very scary!

@j.w Do you have plantar fasciitis?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Lisak1 Yes I do and am doing exercises to get rid of it. Doc said to grind my foot,especially the heal area on a golf ball and also a frozen water filled pop bottle among other exercises. So far it appears to be helping but it sure does take a long time to heal. I can still do my 3 mile walks but not the full 6 miles yet. He said don't stop walking. I also now wear orthotics in my shoes he told me to order online. They seem to help also. The green Superfeet ones. So I am working on arm and foot and throw in a grouchy Diverticulitis once in a great while and I'm good to go,lol!

Ask a Question