MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Today, I am going to continue building shelves in my wood working shed. I never have anyplace to put anything, so the bench gets cluttered real fast!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I’ll try some. And I’ve been wanting butterfly bush for ages, there’s some wild that is a very pretty purple.
I planted a few butterfly bushes, white, purples, bluish. The only issue with them is they SEED and now I have them popping up here and there. I catch them fast if they are where I do not want them.
The butterflies cover them.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is mainly the blue/lilac colored one that seeds. I dug up around 5 of them this last summer, they grew in not the best spot. I have a deep purple, have not seen babies from it yet. The blue/lilac is the oldest, been in the ground for years.

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
The one I have is a real deep purple one (Black Night)....probably like the one you have that you haven't seen any babies from.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The one I have is a real deep purple one (Black Night)....probably like the one you have that you haven't seen any babies from.
Might be it is a real pretty deep purple. Can't find a photo of it, got it somewhere.................

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Out here, I could do with some that hard core self propagate, the grass and crap elm are taking over. The cluster of tiger lilies does, and I need to dig them all up and move them. I want to move all the bulbs into the center island of the drive, and just cover it in flowers.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Butterfly bushes are notoriously aggressive and invasive in some areas. Ours die back every winter, but I would be cautious about planting them if they didn't. The butterflies do love them, but I read somewhere that they aren't good for them... wish I could remember why! Off to do some research!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
So today we picked up a load, hauled it a ways, passed it to the boss to haul cause dads heart started acting up. On the way home, my sister called, she’s due this weekend, but the scan today found her placenta has been failing, and she’s been loosing amniotic fluid. So they will induce her starting tonight. It’s almost the 1 yr anniversary of my stepmoms death, Dad is depressed, his heart is acting up, I’m not ready for him to keel over yet! I’ve got plans darn it! Like he’s supposed to walk me down the isle! So if I go offline for an extended period of time, y’all will know I’m just dealing with family health crisis.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Hope t gets better Jamieb because it sure can't get worse .I know I lost both my mom and dad when I was pregnant with my second son .So sending all my hopes and prayers your way .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Thank you guys. I’m staying up in hopes to hear about the new baby, and to check on Dad, and avoid the flu ridden bed! Seeing as I’ve kicked him out of bed the past two nights cause I was tossing and turning too much for him, it’s only fair to let him have the bed tonight! I got him soup, crackers, meds, and ginger ale.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Today is a sad day for me!
Right before the pond started icing over, I watched my fish sink to the bottom from my kitchen window, I didn't realize one of them was missing, he was caught in the skimmer box:(
Sometime they go in and come out on their own, but I'm thinking he got too large to manage ....how could I forget to check in there...and how could I not realize a fish that bright is missing...
......I feel so guilty right now:cry:

Ask a Question