addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes Addy, my water comes from underneath the gravel just like yours, seems to me if my gravel were clogged then my water level would potentially drop and slow down over my falls. Also, when you say that you don't have many plantless areas do you litterally mean that all yur plants have begun growing into each other? Would you mind taking a somewhat closeup pic so I could have a visual of your mature bog?

Overall water level still seems a little higher then originally but there was a big improvement and the gravel around the edges is back to being above water. I do kind of wonder if the growing plants have something to do with it too. Since they have all grown so much I wonder if they are chaneling the water differently making it seem deeper in the places where there aren't plants yet.

I will do that when we get back home, you may need to remind me, well most likely will need to remind me lol. After I added my higher flow pump, my water is deeper in the bog, but we are pumping 2k gph more though it. Noticed the difference as soon as we turned it on.

Except the stepping stones and the area right before the bog wall, it is almost solid plants, I go in and yank some out now and then. Next spring some of the day lilies will be moved out, they are growing too good. Easier to move when they just start to grow. Right now they are in full bloom, I can see them on the camera, really pretty.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just went and looked at your bog addy and yep those day lilies are blooming like crazy! Very pretty. Mine haven't started to bloom yet as we are way behind in sunshine.

Ask a Question