Which Type of Liner to Use for my New Pond?

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. I took into account what was said and did some thinking about whether to use PVC or EPDM, but ultimately decided to go with that 10x13 pond boss pvc pond liner. I suppose I'll be witness to the durability of this pond liner, and see how long it lasts without any tears or punctures. If that does happen, I could use a liner patch kit...but if it rips, I'll probably just get an EPDM liner.

I'll be digging the hole this weekend with my friend and laying the liner. I'll let you guys know how it all goes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Koily
Got in at the end of the posts here but want to wish you good luck on building your pond. The pvc will prolly last you long enough till you get the bug to build a bigger pond. Then I would sure recommend that you go w/ the EPDM. Bought my last one from an irrigation company and got a really good deal and it's sitting there nicely doing just fine. Like someone else suggested leave the excess liner around the edge and don't cut it cuz sometimes things settle and plus you might want to lift it up and do some adding of dirt or put some rocks here and there to do whatever to raise it up and on and on. You can just tuck it and hide it so you can't see the excess. I didn't do that w/ mine and wish I would have not cut it but was not on a forum for anyone to let me know about that when I built mine.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The only reason I ripped my texture pvc liner is because I pulled it over the rough concrete block ,if I Had not done that it would have been fine .All my fault .I still used it, as the liner was big enough to pull that rip out of the way .I just used the liner under my stock tank filter

Ask a Question