sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I guess the same thing it all depends on where you live how things last .I have had plastic crack here because it gets to cold .I make the excuse that it is recycled plastic and that is why it is not as strong .We can pay big bucks for something and never means it will lat these days .I have bought 2 sets of goodyear tires for hubbies explorer since I have been here (2004 )and they have dry rotted .

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I guess the same thing it all depends on where you live how things last .I have had plastic crack here because it gets to cold .I make the excuse that it is recycled plastic and that is why it is not as strong .We can pay big bucks for something and never means it will lat these days .I have bought 2 sets of goodyear tires for hubbies explorer since I have been here (2004 )and they have dry rotted .
Tires can be funny. As well as surprising. Especially when you check the "made on" date codes on tires on sale and see that they are already years old. But new.
Or see that when you read the tiny print on the sidewall of a tire that sounds like a domestic brand was actually made in a third world country.
Unfortunately, expensive doesn't equal true quality as you already know.
I work on a fleet of "domestic" vehicles. Funny that whenever I order factory replacement parts from Mopar, Ford or G.M I end up with parts from Canada, China, Mexico etc.
That said...I bought these imported lights because I'm a cheapskate and if I don't like them I'm not out much money.;)

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I did check it before they were installed and the date was 2 months before install .I know about tires from working at ford .Trying to buy American made is getting harder and harder these days .Nights at my pond on the security camera monitor
101_2246.JPG
101_2245.JPG

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
They look like great quality.
Brass and glass?
Who still does that?
Nice.
They are very well built and the gasket is a double gasket, they are heavy and with a few small rocks the Koi do not move them, but as I said they are pricey..... Mine have been on three hours a night for the last seven months, going to add one more during the spring cleanup

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
United States
I got them today.
Jebao brand.
So far, I just placed them above the water. I like the look of them.
Maybe I'll place them in a permanent spot this weekend. And maybe at the bottom of the pond.
The photocell does a good job.
At sunset they turned on.

Attachments

• 20171116_183843.jpg
    20171116_183843.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 161
  • 20171116_183841.jpg
    20171116_183841.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 193

Patfish

Ignore the mask and cape
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
mine were four lights with 36 led lights each. they looked nice under the water and i could change the clolors and effexts with the remote control. What I didn't notice that even though the lights were submercible the part that plugs into the electric was indoor only. Didn't last long.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mine are the same. I have mine in a tote that keeps the plug out of the weather. I am noticing that the wires going to the lights are having the same problem as my underwater cameras, the insulation on the wiring is breaking down.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If the insulation on the wiring is breaking down, then the entire setup will need to be replaced.
Some manufacturers use substandard wire insulation.
You get what you pay for.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If the insulation on the wiring is breaking down, then the entire setup will need to be replaced.

And I would replace it sooner rather than later - or at least get it out of the pond. Even low voltage power in water can kill your fish.

Ask a Question