Who's idea was it to start garage sales on week days?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
I don't want all those strangers coming to our house, we are sort of hidden in a neighborhood. Can't even really see our house. With hubbies car collection sitting around it is better no one sees them.
This is a very good point! I don't have expensive cars, but I don't trust strangers coming by the house
If we sell anything on CL, we meet the buyer in a public parking lot
It is very sad that we can't trust no one

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a ish!
Country
Never ever seen a garage sale over here! We have car boot sales, organised events mainly run by charity organisations etc where ppl sell unwanted items from their car boots, maybe a pasting table or blanket on the floor as well.

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
Yeah. I'm not rich. I just would rather throw something away than go through the bother of trying to sell anything to a bunch of strangers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
We're big on recycling and garage/yard sales are a great way to do so, whether buying or selling. We have an annual sale over the 4th of July weekend every year and have made quite a few good friends at these. We joke that we never buy anything new except food, toilet paper and toothpaste.

I even got a new, left over 15x25 foot 45 mil rubber pond liner for $100 at one sale! I guess we are hopelessly addicted to treasure hunting, as we go to all the sales in the area nearly every week. Of course, in the winter here, there are very few sales, it's tough when there's 2-4 feet of snow on the ground!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
I like going to them and sometimes find good deals, it's the having them part I don't like.

ZEROPILOT

Faster than you are.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a-10b
Country
I'm going to the Thunderbird tomorrow as a matter of fact.
Looking for items for my pond area or for my pet tortoise pen....And some Tide pod detergent for the laundry. I usually find the $20 packages for $8.

Ask a Question