Why did you choose your particular sceeen name?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Dad's birth certificate says Johannes, but he was Hans all his life, or until '57, anyway. Mine was Hans from birth. Been called a lot of other names too, but can't post those on here!:D
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I use my moniker from my poetry forum days. It wasn't my first choice and I had to search for something else that 'defined' me per se, and since I'm an avid fan of LoTR, I likened myself (esp at the time as I was entering my divorce years) to the broken sword (Narsil renamed as Anduril) that Aragorn had reforged: it was what I felt I was going through. At the time (and I guess it still does, if I dwell long enough) it was something to which I could cling. The poetry helped and for a while, I used the name as my pen name for my novels. Still has some sentimental value though I've changed it up.

Anyway, I once googled and wouldn't you know? There was a video game by the same name...and at the time, when AOL was big and so too their chat rooms, I had to add 999 at the back of the name so I could get an instant messenger account. Now, those were the days...usurped now by facebook ant twitter, hey?

Michael aka BrokenSword

Reaction score
My maternal grandfather, who was born in Poland, called me Koshki since I was born. My real name is Katherine. I recently learned that koshki is means "cats" or "kitty", in Russian and "kitty" is a nickname for Katherine. All those years, and I never knew what it meant!

My grandfather is now gone, and the only person that still calls me Koshki is my father, which is amusing to me, because he's not Polish. None of the Polish side of my family uses it anymore.

So I use it to remind me of two guys I love.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Case is half my name,The Dr came from my great great uncle
He was a shoe cobbler , that could Carve anything for feet and made it a house hold name
somehow I have always had his make what ever I want gene

Ask a Question