Why on earth is my pH this high?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sometimes I think the best thing to do is to just back off, and let things sort themselves out.

As hard as that is to do sometimes, I agree. All the adding, subtracting, changing, dosing, etc etc etc only confuses the issue sometimes. In the end you won't know what worked and what didn't anyway because you did it all. I've always heard pH in particular is hard to chase.

Sorry for all your troubles.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I agree, getting water quality right can be maddening! My pond is quite green, which rarely happens. I tested for ammonia , somewhere between 1 - .25, closer to 0. I hooked up my new shower filter today, so perhaps this will help. I know I'm under filtered with my pressurized filter, so will think about an upgrade, but then I'll need a bigger pump......and so it goes ! LOL

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8a (10 - 15 degrees F)
Country
United States
Yeah. You guys are right @Skydog , @Lisak1 and @Tula . I need to just let it be what it is for awhile. The pH doesn't worry me too much. The nitrites do. But the fish are showing no signs of stress or illness. I'm going to go into "regular maintenance mode" and just see how it plays out for a bit. Obviously if anything truly concerning happens... I'm on it!

Ask a Question