Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I still get my pension and never understood why people cannot understand you only buy what you can afford plus all the bills that come with it .I blame the banks and real estate agents besides the people .My first home was 5 percent interest and cost 30 thousand and was a fixer upper and I learned from there how to fix it up and lived on a budget of only 20 dollars a week for food at the most .Down payment was 500 hard earned dollars .I was lucky my mom and dad still had the farm because I canned and froze things to eat .I see people here eat out every day and put it on there credit card and heard women brag over the years there kitchen needs to look good since they don't cook .They love to brag about eating out, I want home cooked .Here houses sell for 15 thousand and up .Taxes here are less than a thousand a year on 3 acres .Gas right now 1.71 colleen I am a 7/7 baby 7 th month 7 th day
Here, houses sell for no less than M$1. Taxes run about $6k per annum.

I paid $245k for my existing home which is now valued at M$1.3.

Insane feces, IMO.

Almost as crazy as saying Trump was "chosen by God".

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
sold first house for 139 thousand put it into another fixer upper for 174 thousand and sold that for 500 thousand back in NJ .Here paid 89 thousand for custom built modular home and 3 acres.The guy knew it was a bargain compared to other houses in my neighborhood that were not fixed up as nice and maintained.Taxes on house in NJ were 12 thousand a year and boy was I glad to get out of there .Sold it sight unseen to a guy from NY who wanted out of the city it had an acre of land .I can see the stars again instead of street lights

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
From what I have observed, politics, religion and gun control aren't favorable issues for a healthy forum.

You couldn't be more correct. I don't know why I started commenting in this thread. I certainly know better. When it comes to politics, religion and even gun control most comments come from the 'gut' and not the head.

Reaction score
So, the parts manufacturers in Ontario and the assembly plants in Ontario & Quebec don't concern you?

Keep "God" out of it, he's Trump........not the second coming.

You do live in Canada, right? You're part of NAFTA, whether you like it or not.
That doesn't bother me one bit. Any day of the week I will but a product made in Canada over one made in Mexico or China. Canada and the U.S play by the same rules. This is all that Trump is asking for. Don't make something using basically slave labor and sell it in a country that pays a decent wage and has environmental laws to follow. What is so hard about this concept for so many people to grasp?

Reaction score
Thanks. Maybe that's because I am a Moderate, neither wholly Conservative nor Liberal.
I must disagree with the portrayal that "rioting and dissension comes from the left". I remember quite well the anti-war demonstrations of the late 60"s and early 70"s. I was part of those and many, many of those protesters would today be considered right wing. The depicting of all protesters and rioters are liberals greatly resembles the practice of inferring that all Muslims are 'out-to-get-you'.
Back then there was a feeling that crossed political boundaries. But even then it was mostly the left that was demonstrating. I remember the sit ins and the administration building takeovers. But think about every riot and protest there has been in recent history are they republicans or tea party people out there? Do you recall the comment made by a Russian official (sorry I don't remember the name) that was concerned that if Hillary was elected there would be a war with Russia? He said that since she was a democrat that here party wouldn't protest against her and it would accelerate.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
But even then it was mostly the left that was demonstrating.

Like I said before, I was active in the anti-war movement and to some part in the Civil Rights movement. Trust me, there were more Conservatives involved than people realized.

Reaction score
Like I said before, I was active in the anti-war movement and to some part in the Civil Rights movement. Trust me, there were more Conservatives involved than people realized.
Yes that was then. It was the republicans that got the civil rights act past and ended the war in Vietnam. The left is much better at spinning things and they have the press in their [pockets to help them along. The conservatives are no longer the ones that do the protesting or rioting. That I don't think is in dispute.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
From what I have observed, politics, religion and gun control aren't favorable issues for a healthy forum.

I enjoy hearing different views from people, but I understand if some people get offended.
I try to express my views so I don't offend anyone but I think it's healthy to have a respectful discussion

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Trump WILL get much done as he has GOD on his side. The wall will be built and he will make America Great again as it was prophesied...

I believe that if you give 100 different people a Bible or Koran or whatever, you will get 100 different interpretations.
That's not a good thing because each person will believe that they are right.
Religion should be an individual consideration, imo.
(I hope this doesn't close the thread discussion)

Reaction score
To get off tyhe subject did anyone read that tyhe Chinese have implanted a code in the firmware of some (at least ony some that have been discovered) cell phones that send back all text messages and locations every 72
I believe that if you give 100 different people a Bible or Koran or whatever, you will get 100 different interpretations.
That's not a good thing because each person will believe that they are right.
Religion should be an individual consideration, imo.
(I hope this doesn't close the thread discussion)

More people have been killed in the name of religion....however there isn't too much interpenetration in the 10 commandments. The bible is another story.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
To get off tyhe subject did anyone read that tyhe Chinese have implanted a code in the firmware of some (at least ony some that have been discovered) cell phones that send back all text messages and locations every 72

More people have been killed in the name of religion....however there isn't too much interpenetration in the 10 commandments. The bible is another story.

Where I will draw the line is when someone else tries to tell me what to think or do.

As far as written code in electrical devices, I just assume it's there already and adjust my conduct accordingly.

morewater

President, Raccoon Haters International
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
Where I will draw the line is when someone else tries to tell me what to think or do.

As far as written code in electrical devices, I just assume it's there already and adjust my conduct accordingly.

That's why I have a wide array of Alcan aluminum headgear.............LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question