Why would you not vote for Trump or Clinton be specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Is there a way to mute a thread so I don't see replies under "new posts"? Or even the entire "General Chat" forum?
Just don't open it, mark forums read once you read what you want to read.

As long as this topic stays calm, with reasonable replies it can stick around. This is what general chat is for, general topics.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Just don't open it, mark forums read once you read what you want to read.

As long as this topic stays calm, with reasonable replies it can stick around. This is what general chat is for, general topics.

I see that I am not the only one that recognizes the volatility of this subject. Kinda like playing with matches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
I can't vote for Hillary due to her know corruption and the death and destruction that has followed her and Bill, Trump I don't know if he's being purposely inflammatory for publicity or he's really that big of a jerk. I really wish Ben Carson was in the game.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I was at a picnic recently and topic of politics came up. I was astounded by the lack of knowledge out there. ...

I find it's hard to come to a decision when there is so much media bias.
I'm constantly searching for media outlets that only report the facts, not cloak their opinion in the reported story.

The news websites I read are: a couple of local news outlets, CBC, National Post, Globe and Mail, CNN, Fox News, Al Jazeera, RT News, Reuters, Moscow Today, Bloomberg, Business Insider...:rolleyes:, Politico, BBC news, CNBC, MSNBC.

What other news outlets does anyone else like to read?

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
I'm constantly searching for media outlets that only report the facts, not cloak their opinion in the reported story.

The news websites I read are: a couple of local news outlets, CBC, National Post, Globe and Mail, CNN, Fox News, Al Jazeera, RT News, Reuters, Moscow Today, Bloomberg, Business Insider...:rolleyes:, Politico, BBC news, CNBC, MSNBC.

NPR, Der Speigel

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada

AND YOU STILL HAVE TIME FOR GPF???? :eek:
John

FYI... It's Spiegel, not Speigel.;)

Reaction score

I look at the conservative sites. The reason being is that they give the facts. Not all of them but Bill Reilly from what I have seen is a straight shooter. MSMBC is a joke and from what I have found a lot of the world news is all slanted to the left. That is not to say that I don't listen to it but once you know what to listen too then it is easy to pick up on the bias. Bias is not bad but bias without facts behind it is. There is a Canadian Stefan Molyneux on Youtube that I watch along with Bill Wittler. Both lay out the facts, tell you where to verify them and then you decide. A lot of people have problems with the facts because they get in the way. I would like nothing more than to sit in front of Bill Oreilly with a left leaning person and have them point out anything false that he says. The problem is that "Fox news isn't real news" If you have ever head that saying then you are listening to someone with talking points that have been written by someone else and they are only repeating them. The worst part about it is that they won't even watch another point of view. Mention Trump and what do they say...you know he is a raciest. Okay prove it. Mention Hillary and you will get back she is a liar, and crooked. Okay prove it. Both of these are talking points that have beaten into our heads by the media. That does not mean that they are not true but can they be proved. Saying that Trump is a raciest has not been proven to me but saying that Hillary is a liar and crooked can be proved. Sooooo I go with the facts.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
That's why I read so many news sites, every one has a bit of truth to them.
Even Russia Today (rt.com) - their main objective seems to be to highlight what is wrong with the western world - except for Trump, who they see could be a future friendly president to Putin. (strangely enough, Russia Today has very little news about, you know, Russia...:whistle:)
I already have my favorite in the race - Trump - but that is because I am so cynical about the imbalance that exists today. Change for change's sake is my attitude right now.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I can't vote, but we are a resource based economy here.
Prematurely stopping us from selling our oil could do our economy a ton of damage.
I think that Clinton would not hesitate to make decisions that would hurt our economy while letting Wall Street tell her what to do to benefit theirs, with the same negative results.

Reaction score
The price of oil has come down in spite of every effort that our president has down to prevent it. The Keystone pipe line would only help to bring down the price world wide. Trump is for it Hillary against it. I have a summer home in Canada and can't believe what it cost me to fill the tank. It's about twice as much and that hurts everyone from the business man with a fleet to the guy taking his kids to school. Political and personal philosophies do make a difference. Just like anything else they should not be forced down other peoples throats.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Yeah, but the high gas price is helping pay for our health care, so thanks for your contribution.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question