Wife said "That's too big"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9B
The plans have been put on hold to fix a leaky patio roof and some other house hold repairs. I will be starting on the land scape again soon though. I will post full autocad plans of the entire piping and filter design so the experts can comment and help me iron out as many things as possible for I start to dig.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
pondscum said:
The plans have been put on hold to fix a leaky patio roof and some other house hold repairs. I will be starting on the land scape again soon though. I will post full autocad plans of the entire piping and filter design so the experts can comment and help me iron out as many things as possible for I start to dig.

Pondscum
Come up and take a look at mine before your start yours.
Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi pondscum, my two cents. I will be married 18 years this March. Keep your wife happy. It will make your life more tolerable. You can always make it bigger later. Her real point is she probably doesn't want you to get so involved with it that you neglect other stuff, like leaky roofs!

Reaction score
It’s always easier to ask for forgiveness then permission. Plus, if she leaves, you can make the pond as big as you want :D . Find a common ground and meet what you both want. Maybe you can build your wife a small pond for plants that feeds into your large koi pond. Compromise!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CometKeith said:
Hi pondscum, my two cents. I will be married 18 years this March. Keep your wife happy. It will make your life more tolerable.

As a wife with a car buff hubby, compromise is the key. He loves old cars, I support his passion. I love plants/ponds/critters he supports my passion. Life is too short not to enjoy it to the fullest.

My pond, he said build as big as you want, we do have the land, but it sure took some time...........lol (the house got a little dirty.........house cleaning took a back seat lol)

He finds a car he wants, I tell him to buy it.

compromise

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Koi.comets re:making it bigger if she leaves...
When you leave your house you kiss your wife goodbye. When you leave your wife you kiss your house goodbye!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
CometKeith said:
Koi.comets re:making it bigger if she leaves...
When you leave your house you kiss your wife goodbye. When you leave your wife you kiss your house goodbye!

Laughing how true for most!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Koi.Comets.Happy said:
That's alright. I'll park my cardboard box next to a natural pond and act like I built it.
On a different note, addy1 you are awesome! Sounds like you guys have a great relationship.

Awwwwwwww thanks, we do. What are the odds................. for meeting in a non dating chat room right after my hubby died, across country from each other, there was a connection from the first hi he sent me. It has taken some work, many cross country flights to meet in "real", quitting my job, moving 2300 miles...... on and on...........lmao

What are the odds? lol, that it would work out. But it has, to be mushy, our souls are connected.

Ask a Question