Wisconsin Pond Build

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Here are some feeding pictures patty. The string to the feeder broke as I was filling it, resulted in all the seed on the ground you see in the pics. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Wow, you sure are got lots of snow and very nice winter pictures, everything so nice and white, looks like Christmas instead of Spring! That must just suck to have snow so late, we are lucky his year and up north here in Medicine Hat, Alberta, things are beginning to look alot like spring! I better shut my big mouth cause I think tomorrow were supposed to have SNOW! Yuck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Oh, you go ahead and rub it in all you want, Colleen! Seems we have all had a bit of early spring, and love the temps and that things are beginning to green up then WHAM, back to winter. I have snow on the ground here, too, but that's ok, as it IS still February! Come mid-March, I'll be upset if snow is still around.

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Oh yeah, almost always have snow this late. March is the real wild card, should start warming up. And usually any snow in April or may melts right away. 2 years ago we got a blizzard in April that dropped 8-10 inches, but usually just rain by then. Can't wait for spring!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I was trying to post a pic yesterday of a dove that found the dog's food bowl (put it outside for pit bull someone dumped here yesterday) and then got a pic of it all fluffed up on the goldfish pond bog wall. It wouldn't post yesterday, but it worked today. I don't get dove very often, but lately have seen a few.
Dove on bog wall.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your snow is so pretty herz,enjoy it while you can. We only got a dusting this year but we've had snow in April at times but it won't last long then. I think I'd rather have some nice warm days now instead of snow. Over that now I guess.Love your bird feeding station for birds and bunnies. Can't do that here anymore as its too easy pickings for the cats.

CE that's a pretty looking dove! We see the Mourning or Morning doves around here once in awhile but they are really skittish.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got a dumb head cold and I feel achy, and I saw another sundog in the sky, so I think winter is going to come back with vengeance, just cause I laughed at old man winter. I still got a long way to go before the cold is really gone, we could still get lots more winter that is for sure. Two years ago we had wet snow in June, now that really was a drag! I don't know which was worse, snow in June or the snow in August during the 1990's. I really need to soak up some nice hot sun, that would be so nice, just one really hot day with no cold breeze, just lay out back and work on a tan!

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Patty I get tons of doves now almost year round, in summer I see them walking all over round the pond, you only see 2-3 until you open the patio door & 20 take off into he air!

Colleen, some times in March we can hit 60-70 degree days, hoping for a spring like that this year!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope ya feel better soon Colleen. So far this winter I have avoided the colds and flu's running rampant out there in the world...............knock on wood! You better stop mocking old man winter or you'll end up w/ both snow in June and August!

Herz if we get any sun in March it will be a miracle and 60 -70 temps would be fabulous!Our Summers are prolly like most everyone else's Spring and then whamo back to Fall/Winter rains again. Pouring right now as we speak :grumble:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
gosh colleen get better coffee does not taste good when you have a cold ,I need need my coffee buddy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I have not had the cold or flu this year either. I don't get very many types of birds, not enough trees, so I love seeing any that stop by. Colleen, I sure hope you get to feeling better, just don't breathe on anyone. LOL
All you coffee drinkers, I also love my coffee, but not for the caffeine, I love it for the cream and sugar! Haha, I always say I like a little coffee with my cream and sugar. I get beans, mix about 2/3 decaffeinated with 1/3 flavored beans, like Amaretto! Boy, that smells sooo good! Then I use the flavored creamers, and lots of sugar. It's like a Cappuccino home-made! Make the coffee strong, then you can add more flavoring and sugar. :)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I only like the Mocha's and coffee drinks that don't taste much like coffee. Stay away from them all now as caffeine makes me go bonkers and I'm naturally bonkers enough w/o it :blink:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Me bonkers too, but that OK, cause no one here will notice.... did someone say coffee?? I would like a coffee too please! Can I have fresh roasted house blend coffee, freshly French pressed, with heavy cream, no sugar, and twice to the left and once to the right! :)

Ask a Question