Wisconsin Pond Build

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Colleen, what is "twice to the left and once to the right"???
JW, when I buy the coffee beans, so I fresh grind them every morning, I get decaffeinated beans. I only put in about 1/4 regular caffeine ones, for the smell! So, I am drinking about 75% decaffeinated coffee. I have quit drinking Mountain Dew for the same reason. I used to get headaches all the time, at least 5 days a week, then someone said to stop drinking caffeine. It was hard to get off of, and learned doing it slowly was better, which is what I am doing with the coffee. But, even with the limited amount of caffeine, if I don't have any coffee, I'm likely to have a headache. In the summer I don't drink coffee when it's really hot outside.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I bought some orange diet soda awhile back and got home and discovered that has caffeine in it also. I can only drink it up to lunch time or it will keep me awake and jittery all night. Once it's gone I'll not be buying it again. Will look at the ingredients next time closer. Even chocolate can bother me if I eat over a certain amount. Love it tho! I'm not going to buy pop for myself much anymore as I find it does not quench my thirst, just makes me want more and more of it. Started buying apple juice and diluting it w/ more water as I find it quite strong. I must have overly sensitive taste buds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, I'm the same way with fruit juices. My favorite is the Ocean Spray Cran-Grape. I dilute it with at least 1 to 1 water. I'm glad they make it so strong, though, as I make it go twice as long with added water. I'm like you, too, with soda and caffeine. I have to not have anything with caffeine after about 4 in the afternoon. As it is, I have to take a sleep aid about 3 nights a week, or I'll be up all night long. Learning when those nights are, and taking the pill before it gets past midnight. Otherwise, I have to suffer and not sleep.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep I add water to milk even. One cup whole milk to 3 cups water and it's fine for me in my cereal. It does save money also but I do it so I don't get the full fat and cheap too.
I buy the Melatonin from Costco and it helps me sleep pretty good. I only take one pill before bed and you can take more if you need to but 1 works for me.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
CE, that is how I would like my coffee stirred, twice to the left, once to the right!! Ha ha ha!!! You should see the look I get when I tell the young kids serving coffee at Tim Hortons that! I get a "huh"??? Then I tell them that's how I like it stirred! .... we all get a good laugh!!

Happy to report the dumb head cold is gone! :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great colleen it's gone .Thats why I buy walmart bottled sparkling water .I like the lemon kind in the summer .I also love iced coffee in the summer .Vanilla or chocolate flavouring added to it yummy .I also like coconut milk shakes .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I never have fruit juice or pop, except my fresh squeezed OJ for my hubby, I just eat lots or oranges, love oranges and water Mellon, I find fruit juice too sweet and I never drink pop, never have. I drink lots of coconut water right out of the coconut, and I do buy coconut water already juiced too, the stuff without the sugar is not too sweet. Although I do have my bad habbits, love pototo chips and dill pickle dip is my undoing......

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep that's why I add water to the fruit juice, gives the water a hint of flavor for a little variety once in awhile. I love Cantaloupe and Honeydew melons and of course Watermelons! Trying to start eating more veggies too,like snack on those tiny little baby sweet carrots instead of chips. Costco has some pretty tasty Veggie Crisp chips tho and when I have a need for chips those satisfy me. I like their Sweet Potato chips there also but I haven't seen them there lately.

I think we've invaded herz's thread turning it into the good food/bad food thread. Maybe we should get back to his pond. Got any pond news going on herz? Had that new pond chat w/ the wifey yet? :LOL:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Sorry Herz for invading your thread... I like your thread, nice to see a happy young family with a nice pond. You will have lots of challenges with the young children and a pond, but I am sure you will make it all work out nice. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Herz, are you there???? Herz???? I think he's on vacation, so we can continue with the good food/bad food conversation. :LOL:
I can make a gallon of cranberry/grape juice go a long way on a hot summer day! Put in just 1/4 of the container with juice, rest with water and ice. Just like the juice flavoring in water, but I don't like the artificial juice or artificial sweetener when I want something to quench my thirst on a hot summer day ... oh how I wish it was warmer right now, but maybe not hot like it was the last two summers ....
Herz, are you back yet? :goldfish: :helm2:

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Lol, not a problem ladies, invade all you want! Myself I only drink water occasionally, mostly coffee! Drink soda too, but at least 6 cups of coffee a day, can drink it it till 6 & be okay. And will still drink it when it's 90 degrees out, just love it too much, but I do add flavored creamer & some sugar to it, but probably not as much as patty does. Trying to drink more water & juice though, because everything else I drink is a dehydrator, also love watermelon, grapes, apples & bananas for my fruits. Eat healthy when my wife cooks, poorly when I have to do it. Colleen my wife likes the pond, just more from a distance I guess & as long as it doesn't consume all my time. My oldest loves the pond & walks across the rocks just like dad so I have to keep an eye on her when out there. It's my youngest that I want to add a small fence for around it so it can slow her down if she gets too close, won't be unsupervised in the yard, but as any parent knows, you can be standing next to them & something can happen. :) I had a design drawn up using 1 x 2 furring strips, but had a brainstorm to make a more nautical looking rope fence. As for a pond pic, here's a hole that opened up in the ice where I ran a 3/4" tube to in the stream to provide winter circulation. The pipe is in the pond so don't have to worry about it leaking. Formed some algae there so I will have to twist that out later.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

We had a lot of wind & some snow so I believe the hole is drifted over, will try o get a pic tomorrow.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep looks like a hole in the snow to me but won't be long till it opens up from the warmth of the Spring sunshine! I have to worry now w/ a new grand baby coming over when she starts getting around on her own. I have a fence around mine but still won't ever take my eyes off her when she's here!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love the flavored creamers right now i am totally loving bailys french vanilla it is really thick and good .and has really nice flavor compared to the others .

Ask a Question