Yellow leaves and black spots in Nelumbo Nucifera (Water Lotus)

Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hi, i am a total newbie in plants and even more in aquatic plants, i have a 20 days old Nelumbo nucifera plants and the last 2 leaves came with a yellow color and one of them has a lot of black spots, what is causing this, and what should i do?
20210110_102356.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hello and welcome!

Have you tried an internet search?

Scroll down to some of the answers/comments.....there are a few there that address black spots.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Hello and welcome!

Have you tried an internet search?

Scroll down to some of the answers/comments.....there are a few there that address black spots.
Yes, i looked in the internet for some answers and it talks about the black spot fungus but i wanted to post this to see if that is the problem or what can i do, also why my other small leaf is yellow

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like the leaf is simply past its prime and is dieing. If you had numbered them as they grew i'd bet that leaf every time would have been leaf 1

Reaction score
Country
India
@GBBUDD Idk...what is the ideal sunlight duration for Lotus? Plz tell me as I am new to Lotus. And what duration of sunlight is considered too much shady for lotus??

Reaction score
Country
India
If it is a young plant and has no areal leaves, it could be fertilizer burn.
Yes it is a young plant grown from seeds, but I haven't fertilized it yet, however I mixed a small quantity of fully decomposed cow dung manure in the soil mix, as it is suggested by many lotus gardeners here in India.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Yes it is a young plant grown from seeds, but I haven't fertilized it yet, however I mixed a small quantity of fully decomposed cow dung manure in the soil mix, as it is suggested by many lotus gardeners here in India.
well that is fertilizer, but it could be something else

Ask a Question