Your "priceless" story

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
JW, my video is from my digital camera! I just downloaded pics and videos to my computer, then had to copy the video to YouTube to save it there before copying the link here. FYI, on Facebook, I can simply copy the video just like I'm attaching a picture! :) That's why I was confused I had to save it to YouTube first. It's easy, though, JW ... go for it!
And, thanks for the compliments ladies. I need to quit taking so many fish pics, but I want to know for certain what I have and how many and what colors come spring, so I don't forget anyone. LOL I have a list, but I love the list in my brain better, that's why I love watching them for hours. Never thought I would enjoy the pond as much as I do. People who cannot sit on a deck and enjoy are missing out. Addy, you can sit, walk, stand anywhere on your property and see your pond and streams and waterfalls! How beautiful that is!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One advantage to living on a slope! look outside and look down on the pond. It looks a lot further, in photos and on camera, from the house than it is. If I am really being lazy pull out the binocs to check on a fish. Our new deck has a perfect view of the stream and pond. I need to move a few grasses that are blocking the edge of the pond.

but now when building that sucker, sure was cursing the slope...............

pinon ponder

S'cuse me, while I kiss the sky!
Reaction score
The rooster had no more crowing in him but the beer made it home. Boy, was I embarrassed. Dh stopped drinking 30+ years ago and I hate beer. lol

Country, I can't see the videos. :unsure:

Reaction score
Two years ago, we went on a huge family vacation to Cancun. At the resort we stayed at they had beautiful streams with lots of turtles in them. My grandson, Lucas who was 3 at the time, just loved watching them. We have our grandchildren, Lucas and Alex, every Thursday for family day. (Alex was only 1 at the time) So we went to a pet store and bought a red slider turtle and 20 gallon tank set up. Well, the boys just loved "Theodore"!
Lucas noticed that Theodore has grown a lot and couldn't turn around in his tank very well and asked if we could get a bigger house for him. Well Lucas and I did some research on the internet and made a decision to release him into our pond.
Theodore loves his new 6500 gallon home! Lucas and Alex see him every Thursday when they come over. They can't wait until their new baby sister can come and stay with grandma and grandpa on Thursdays, too, so she can see Theodore and all his Koi friends!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Baeya, all I can say is awwwwwww!!! And, how mature of little Lucas to notice that the turtle had grown and needed larger house! My baby turtle is growing and is so much fun to watch. He knows when I head outside to feed, he comes swimming over, whether he's in the bog (has to either swim through the overflow or climb over the rocks) or among the lilies. And, tonight, while I was on the bog side of my pond, he swam that way, maybe to see if I was doling out food there tonight. :) I feed the fish freeze dried plankton every now and then and he LOVES that! It's smaller and lightweight, and you should see him gobble it up! The koi food I got this last time has 3 different sizes and I really like that, so the baby goldies can also eat some now. Enjoy your Theodore! And, better yet, so much fun to have something special to enjoy with your grandsons, and soon granddaughter! Thanks for sharing.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States

love your pics of your pooch addy ,my pee wee sleeps the same way flat on his back with all 4 legs up in the air .I had my big sissy pit bull before I got pee wee and was so scared when I came home how king arthur would react to this tiny little 7 week old chihuahua and to my surprise he seemed to just protect him .I gave king arthur a piece of pizza and pee wee just calmly walked over to king arthur growled twice and took the piece pizza away from king arthur while he just sat there looking at him without a care in the world and now king arthur knows pee wee is boss and it does not even bother him at all .He stays out side with pee wee until he is done going to the bathroom just in case he has to protect him/His favorite spot to lay and chew his chew bone

Reaction score
I wish our turtle was more friendly, he is scared of us....we got him when he was already 4" and never warmed up! We have to look for him in the pond to try to feed him.
Love all the pictures and videos!! Great stories!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Funny sissy how pee wee sits on top of King Arthur chewing away on his little chew bone, lol!

Reaction score
"Just Like A Fish Out Of Water!"
June 8, 2001 story, eight
The Ordeal!
Another fish story...Mule is his name. He's a hybrid, and as a fry I called him quasi-koi. When he grew bigger, I began to call him Mule. I thought Mule sounded a bit more dignified. He's a high-spirited little guy, and like his koi buddies, he's gentle and friendly.. He's not the least bit shy like my friend Ron's fish. He has a pond full of bashful fish. They hide deep in the bowels of the pond, only to come up to nip their floating food, than dart back down silently and deeply! So, I come up with another great idea... I'll give Mule to Ron, so that maybe Mule can influence Ron's skittish fish to become a smidgen more spirited...
Moving day... It was a warm spring evening, I net Mule, drop him into a five gallon bucket and throw the bucket into the back of my station wagon for the trip to his new pond...later that same evening...Joann and I are sharing a pondside drink..."So, how'd it go at Ron's today?" she inquires. "Oh fine I guess, Mule survived the ordeal."
"The ordeal?" she quizzes. "Yeah, I say, "the poor little guy"..."the poor little guy?", she says. "Yeah," I say... "Well tell me, what happened," she says. "O.K., well first I dropped him in the bucket and threw him into the back of my wagon and.... "with water in the bucket?" she quips." "Oh yeah," I say, "and it's a good thing that I remembered the water, because that's what saved his life!" "Why is that?" she probes." "Because of the splash!" I say.
"The splash?" She says. "Yeah, the splash... I'm driving along the highway and I hear a splash, I think that maybe Mule is just having a little jump, so I look in the rear view mirror and catch Mule lying on his side, on the bed of the wagon.... "Out of the water?" She cracks! "Of course, he jumped out of the bucket!" I say, "But, how could ya see into the bed of the wagon from the front seat?" she inquires. "Oh yeah, that is the amazing part, it was because of the sun...
"The sun?" she says. Yup, the sun! "It was hitting the back window just right, so that when I looked into the rear view mirror, I could see Mule's reflection in the back window, from my rear view window, it was like a hologram, like the.... " hologram in the haunted house in Disney?" she interrupts. "Yeah, just like that," I say. "Wow, that is amazing... so, what did you do then?" she queries, "Well, first I pull the car over and jump out...I open my trunk, and there is Mule lying on his side breathing heavy like a fish out of water and... "Then what did you do ?" she says "Well first I picked him up and brushed off all the pine needles and.... "The pine needles?" she says. "Yeah, the pine needles!" I say."What pine needles!?! she says! "The pine needles that he rolled in... "He rolled in pine needles?" she says. "Yeah!, I say, the pine needles in my trunk from..."Oh nooo!"..."you mean from last years Christmas tree!?!" she says, "Yes, yes!" I say..
"Unbelieveable!"...she says, pausing to sigh deeply ..."Well, hurry up tell me, what did you do then?"..."I mean to be more specific, what did you do with Mule, after you brushed off the pine needles!?!" she asks! "Well, what do you think I did!?! I exclaimed, "I grabbed the fish in my two hands, ran into the middle of traffic, flaring my arms and screaming... "Is there a Ichthyologist in the house!!!" ... Joann is still cracking up...This is a true story... snicker...Cliff

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
LMAO.................Cliff is as nuts as the rest of us here, lol!
smileyfish.gif

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Laughing....................and what is the rest of the story..............did Mule live!

Ask a Question