Your "priceless" story

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CountryEscape, Aug 18, 2011.

1. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

love your pics of your pooch addy ,my pee wee sleeps the same way flat on his back with all 4 legs up in the air .I had my big sissy pit bull before I got pee wee and was so scared when I came home how king arthur would react to this tiny little 7 week old chihuahua and to my surprise he seemed to just protect him .I gave king arthur a piece of pizza and pee wee just calmly walked over to king arthur growled twice and took the piece pizza away from king arthur while he just sat there looking at him without a care in the world and now king arthur knows pee wee is boss and it does not even bother him at all .He stays out side with pee wee until he is done going to the bathroom just in case he has to protect him/His favorite spot to lay and chew his chew bone

sissy, Sep 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. CountryEscape

sissy sissy

they are not spoiled either (cough cough )

sissy, Sep 2, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. CountryEscape

addy1 water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins Moderator

ummmmmmmmmmm yeah right sissy! just like mine is not spoiled!

addy1, Sep 2, 2011
  4. CountryEscape

baeya

I wish our turtle was more friendly, he is scared of us....we got him when he was already 4" and never warmed up! We have to look for him in the pond to try to feed him.
    Love all the pictures and videos!! Great stories!

baeya, Sep 2, 2011
  5. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

Funny sissy how pee wee sits on top of King Arthur chewing away on his little chew bone, lol!

j.w, Sep 2, 2011
  6. CountryEscape

taherrmann4 Tmann

Sissy what color are pee wees eyes?

taherrmann4, Sep 2, 2011
  7. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

"Just Like A Fish Out Of Water!"
    June 8, 2001 story, eight
    The Ordeal!
    Another fish story...Mule is his name. He's a hybrid, and as a fry I called him quasi-koi. When he grew bigger, I began to call him Mule. I thought Mule sounded a bit more dignified. He's a high-spirited little guy, and like his koi buddies, he's gentle and friendly.. He's not the least bit shy like my friend Ron's fish. He has a pond full of bashful fish. They hide deep in the bowels of the pond, only to come up to nip their floating food, than dart back down silently and deeply! So, I come up with another great idea... I'll give Mule to Ron, so that maybe Mule can influence Ron's skittish fish to become a smidgen more spirited...
    Moving day... It was a warm spring evening, I net Mule, drop him into a five gallon bucket and throw the bucket into the back of my station wagon for the trip to his new pond...later that same evening...Joann and I are sharing a pondside drink..."So, how'd it go at Ron's today?" she inquires. "Oh fine I guess, Mule survived the ordeal."
    "The ordeal?" she quizzes. "Yeah, I say, "the poor little guy"..."the poor little guy?", she says. "Yeah," I say... "Well tell me, what happened," she says. "O.K., well first I dropped him in the bucket and threw him into the back of my wagon and.... "with water in the bucket?" she quips." "Oh yeah," I say, "and it's a good thing that I remembered the water, because that's what saved his life!" "Why is that?" she probes." "Because of the splash!" I say.
    "The splash?" She says. "Yeah, the splash... I'm driving along the highway and I hear a splash, I think that maybe Mule is just having a little jump, so I look in the rear view mirror and catch Mule lying on his side, on the bed of the wagon.... "Out of the water?" She cracks! "Of course, he jumped out of the bucket!" I say, "But, how could ya see into the bed of the wagon from the front seat?" she inquires. "Oh yeah, that is the amazing part, it was because of the sun...
    "The sun?" she says. Yup, the sun! "It was hitting the back window just right, so that when I looked into the rear view mirror, I could see Mule's reflection in the back window, from my rear view window, it was like a hologram, like the.... " hologram in the haunted house in Disney?" she interrupts. "Yeah, just like that," I say. "Wow, that is amazing... so, what did you do then?" she queries, "Well, first I pull the car over and jump out...I open my trunk, and there is Mule lying on his side breathing heavy like a fish out of water and... "Then what did you do ?" she says "Well first I picked him up and brushed off all the pine needles and.... "The pine needles?" she says. "Yeah, the pine needles!" I say."What pine needles!?! she says! "The pine needles that he rolled in... "He rolled in pine needles?" she says. "Yeah!, I say, the pine needles in my trunk from..."Oh nooo!"..."you mean from last years Christmas tree!?!" she says, "Yes, yes!" I say..
    "Unbelieveable!"...she says, pausing to sigh deeply ..."Well, hurry up tell me, what did you do then?"..."I mean to be more specific, what did you do with Mule, after you brushed off the pine needles!?!" she asks! "Well, what do you think I did!?! I exclaimed, "I grabbed the fish in my two hands, ran into the middle of traffic, flaring my arms and screaming... "Is there a Ichthyologist in the house!!!" ... Joann is still cracking up...This is a true story... snicker...Cliff

CliffandJoann, Sep 2, 2011
  8. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

sissy, I love Pee Wee, he so adorable. :)

CliffandJoann, Sep 2, 2011
  9. CountryEscape

j.w I Love my Goldies

LMAO.................Cliff is as nuts as the rest of us here, lol! [​IMG]

j.w, Sep 3, 2011
  10. CountryEscape

Laughing....................and what is the rest of the story..............did Mule live!

addy1, Sep 3, 2011
  11. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

Oh yes Addy, he lived, however he was no longer a top swimmer like our fish.
    Instead of inspiring his new pond friends to swim topside, he became as
    shy as our friends fish and hung out deep in the bowels of his new pond and only
    came topside to snatch food. :(

our top swimmers!

[​IMG]

CliffandJoann, Sep 3, 2011
  12. CountryEscape

Well glad to hear, all of my fish are hogs, and top swimmers. We do have one blind fish..............real pretty long fin, one of the rescue fish. It does real good finding the pellets I also drop food right by its face and in the plants, It likes to look among the plants for pellets.

addy1, Sep 3, 2011
  13. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

Ya know addy, the koi actually have bad eyesight. They have an excellent sense of smell
    and get more food with their noses than their sight. They also have extraordinary hearing!
    I try and open my back door very quietly and step out quietly and they hear me and come running
    to the beach where we feed them. Using their noses more than their sight, they grab their food.

[​IMG]

14. CountryEscape

That is nice to know, I see it go along the surface gulping, every now and then grabbing a pellet. It seems to now know where the plants are and pellets get trapped, easy pickings for it. Seems healthy, not too skinny. I think the change from the small pond to this one took it by surprise, it hung around a lot just now finally swimming freely. Has learned the pond boundaries.

addy1, Sep 3, 2011
  15. CountryEscape

CliffandJoann

I'd like to know others opinions on my statement that koi have bad eyesight,
    and get more food with their noses than their sight.

16. CountryEscape

CountryEscape

I totally agree with you Joann, but I have no idea if it's true! I was just noticing this evening how the koi seem to smell the pellets, and go to where they are, even if they don't notice the "plop" when I drop some into the area. Tonight, I had put some by the lilies, and there was a pellet that was on top of a lily pad, and the koi kept nosing around that pad until they got that one little piece to drop into the water. :)

CountryEscape, Sep 4, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question