j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks for reminding me..............I gotta get out there and rip mine outta those dirt filled heavy burdensome pots and throw them in pots w/ a rock on them. I decided that would be better than the floating rings for them :lol:

Reaction score
it's a good question how often does one do this business of repotting. this will be the first time for us and I guess it's our third pond year. the cement tubs we're going to use this time are big enough I think to accommodate at least another 3-5 years before they need any attention.

i'm going to use aquatic planting soil and rough rock on top to keep the koi from digging. actually i think they're still going to be heavy. i like the A frame idea--next time around i may rig something up like that.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I know some people that just raise lilies, they divide them every year, others leave them do as they want. Her lilies are beautiful, it is a pond with just lilies and some goldies for bugs. She does fertilize them with tabs.

She sent some tubers last year, they are pushing up leaves even though our weather is swinging from cold to warm, warm to cold lol

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Mike my friend has tons of lillies all the colors you can think of but I'm hoping they will survive the move as he has to dig them up to move them to the news house .At least as many as he can dig up .Not sure about digging them up this time of the year but no choice or leave them and he does not want to do that

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
sissy said:
Mike my friend has tons of lillies all the colors you can think of but I'm hoping they will survive the move as he has to dig them up to move them to the news house .At least as many as he can dig up .Not sure about digging them up this time of the year but no choice or leave them and he does not want to do that
Have clean most of the leaves off, keep them moist and they should do fine.
If not out of the water that long, just clean the old leaves keep all the new sprouts.

Reaction score
well, i went with the cement mixing tubs ($5.50 @ lowes). cut em in half and zip tied the pieces together. ended up with a square container about 18X18. nice size for growth, BUT those suckers ended up heavier than what i started with!!! Gad they are heavy.

it's going to take two of us to move them into the pond. i am putting them on some of those plastic shelves you can buy at Wally's. once they are in the pond i figure it'll probably take about 3-4 years before they are rootbound again.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate to say this but I had a lot of those mini bio balls and some used quilt batting (from my filter ) and used them lighter seems to work ,but the guessing roots will be heavy too in time .Those roots get big and water logged .

Ask a Question