2" Flexible PVC, underlayment, liner questions

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I installed the 30'x30' liner myself. phew... Here's how:
It was delivered on a skid and put in my garage by UPS (didn't even pay for the $75 lift gate). I dragged the skid with my ATV over to the top of a small hill near my driveway. I then backed my truck up, and was able to roll the liner into the bed of my truck. I then backed my truck up the the raised berm around my pond and simply unrolled it down into my pond. It worked out pretty nice but getting the wrinkles and folds out is almost impossible due to the irregular shape of my pond. I do plan on rocking it to hide some of the large folds and wrinkles. Now I just need to find like 6 tons of rocks...

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have extra 3 ton get them outta here before I build again

Reaction score
Country
United States
I started out by using 4 inch garden staples to keep the underlayment down but removed them before laying the liner down.

I filled the pond up with water to get wrinkles out and double check water levels. Everything looked good. Right now my pond is drained with a bunch of iron residue on the liner from my well water. Now, I load the pond with rocks and slowly start filling again. Will get pictures once it's complete.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
I have a 6000 gallon pond, which I filled with the hose. Water came from a 50 gallon spring box. Run it at a dribble, it will fill in a day or two, and not run the well dry.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a/7b depending on the map
Country
United States
box made of cement blocks set into the hill side, to collect the water from the spring. Mine holds about 50 gallons then overflows back to the creek. I have a sump pump in it with a 180' head, and switching to turn it on, and off, as the box fills, and empties. That way I don't have to worry about running it dry. It pumps water into a 1500 gallon underground cistern. With a shallow well pump to supply water to the house.

Ask a Question