j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's a pile of fish you got there again! Hope it all goes well for ya! You are a pro now :razz:

Reaction score
i know I'm stoked everybody is now eating dry food I've lost about 10 or so some were all deformed tails twisted and pinched spine now I know what deformed looks like and everybody outside is way more varied in size the ones inside are all double the size and most are the same general size so green water vs clean water clean is better but much harder at the size these koi are im sure ill lose at least a 3rd of the outside population I might lose 2% of the inside at the most next time everybody grows inside for the first week I'll have to buy a larger aquarium pics to come

Reaction score
So after alot of culling I'm down to about 500-1000 koi most are solid red or white a couple hundred are kohaku and less than 25 are showing signs of sanke here's some pics from a few days ago

ks5.jpg

ks3.jpg

Bigger guys are outside biggest in the pool medium in the green preformed and tiny in my main pond and upstate rs not the breeder
Little spotty
greenskdjf.jpg

Mediums green tub

greentub1.jpg

About 100 or so tobys all great kohaku and sanke

IMG_00000041.jpg

Enjoy rate comment subscribe

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
They look so good matt and not the tiny babies they once were.................so hard to see them grow up so fast and then leave home. I like little spotty........he's different :razz:

Reaction score
My others are doing great matt. Let me know when you have some more ready
Glad to hear that they are about 4-5 inches by now I know the ones. At my bros are easily 4 inches so once they have fully formed Bodies they grow crazy fast. I actually have a few I could get rid of shoot me a txt if u still have my number. I haven't been on in a while since my pond crashed but how's ur build coming

Reaction score
Thanks everybody I'll try to do y'all Proud cajunmeme great name calleen I never stoped I've been culling everyday since day10 I just wasn't uP to documenting but now most of the work is done for the time being I can throw some pics up so I can see how I've gotten better or faster at getting them to taking dry food which in my opinion is smooth sailing compared to when they don't have taste buds some are up to about 2 inches only about 10 most in the blue pool are 1-2 inches inside are about a half inch. The water outside gets vert hot sometimes up 2 94 degrees. I'll try to snap some more pics of the odd balls like the ones with random huge black patches and the Ones with random large silver scales.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Matt they are looking good. I've thinned down the Koi I kept to 10. If I can catch one of them it's gone as well. I still have some that are only a little over a inch and four that are getting close to the 5" mark. My favorite so far this year appears to be a ki Kumonryu which is really interesting to watch. Right now it's yellow headed black body with white patches on both sides. Toby is still looking like he might just turn into a tancho with a small circle on his forehead. I didn't end up with a single Kohaku baby.

Reaction score
Update went thru and culled for everything keeping only the best 100 of the bigger koi pulled all for tailstop and too much red keeping what has the best patterns and clean bellys and fins here's some pics this time I definitely had more than enough to go thru this time I see alot of winners so I can be very picky about what to keep and what to cull here's some pics

A few that didn't make the cut don't worry they are going to good homes just not mine
stuff2.jpg

Keepers in the main pond

stuff1.jpg

Video

Reaction score
the art of breeding koi is about the selection process knowing what's to look for at the earliest stages when it comes to kohaku and sanke keep the white base toss the yellow base when I say for sure next time I'll cull at 2 weeks ideally. And that's what I lerned

Ask a Question