A new idea for an outdoor Livingroom

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
it's a nobody patch except the slugs .They must love that LOL .I would never give up my glass of wine once in awhile .Well at least the pot has a use now and looks good doing it ,I guess I can't understand the accident thing .Only had 1 in my lifetime Halloween night and my car was totaled and they had to cut me out and it was caused by a drunk driver .Funny thing was I was waiting to pull in my driveway when it happened and he was going a 100 miles an hour when he hit me .Two state cops saw the whole thing too and I was lucky they were there in the area

Well next time I make a promise to myself for an outside project I wont do it in the middle of winter. 6 of those months was waiting for the weather to be nice enough for a construction project. Your lucky you survived that and worst of all he probably ruined your halloween outfit LOL.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
nope was just getting home from work and I guess there it would be better doing it in the winter ,since you really have no winter .Here the last 2 winters have been the pits with all the storms and snow .Usually VA only see's a couple of inches of snow for the whole year .Average temp is 50 degrees and 3 years ago christmas day and that whole week it was in the 70's .Back in NJ we had so much snow before I moved here I thought I was having an affair with my snow shovel and then this past 2 winters I had to apologize to Mr Snow Shovel so he would not be made at me.This was the day after christmas this past year looks pretty but cold and nasty out .snow pond

Attachments

• snow 7 035.jpg
    snow 7 035.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 247
  • 12-26-2010 snow 030.jpg
    12-26-2010 snow 030.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 218

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
Well yesterday I returned the trap for those blasted raccoons. This morning I wake up to a half emptied pond and the plants ripped out again. I think they jumped on top of the planter since it was well over 100 pounds in weight. These blasted things stayed away from my yard as long as the cage was in it. I guess I will fabricate a fake cage next sort of a plastic owl for raccoons. Top it off today is the first day without rain and bright sunny skies and I was going to stain the plants. Looks like that might not happen.

Attachments

• 100_4242.jpg
    100_4242.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 181

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
Malak said:
Raccoons? I heard if you leave an open can of sardines in a cage it works pretty good.

Well the cage was returned yesterday to the city and it sat for two weeks. What was suggested by the wildlife staff was marshmellows with extract. THe problem with putting in fish or cat food is all you catch is the cats and we caught one when I added a little cat food to the marshmellows. But the problem is the raccoons are pretty smart and know what the cage is so the only purpose it served was them staying out of the yard. Since this is in the front yard viewable to everyone I prefer to avoid that option just yet even though making a fake one and leaving it out at night is a possibility later. I am trying the coyote urine next and hope that works.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you never know if they are rabid and thats why the counties are letting you take the cages .So be carefull you never know .Sorry this happened again and hope they go away and stay away

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
Malak said:
I'd stay up all night and get it one way or another, trust me. :-D

I have tried but these are ninja raccoons with monitoring agents and I am positve these raccons have my phones tapped. They also have the ability of santa clause and know when I am awake. They waited till the trap was gone and I was asleep last night then attacked. I am trying critter ridder next and if that doesnt work I am breaking out the land mines and claymores.

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
you never know if they are rabid and thats why the counties are letting you take the cages .So be carefull you never know .Sorry this happened again and hope they go away and stay away

We also had warnings that they have been known to be infected with a worm that could infect humans. And if not detected in time could kill humans as they bore holes through the brain. Yummy

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
The poop they leave behind can cause incephlitis and cause breathing problems in humans and other pets .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
malak hmmm open can of sardines and hot outside may drive them and his neighbors and his neighbors neighbors away .May be to his advantage all piece and quite and he could lure the raccoons to his neighbors yards LOL

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
The poop they leave behind can cause incephlitis and cause breathing problems in humans and other pets .

Aww crud that I ate since bear grills does

Luckily my yard is pretty much gravel and I have never seen any from any animal except the blasted birds lying around. Of course birds is a problem now they love using the deck for target practice. I may have to build an animatronic owl for them LOL. My grandfather was on the team that built the ones used in Disneyland for the presidents and the pirates of the carribean so I should have maybe genetic memories on how to build them right LOL.

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
malak hmmm open can of sardines and hot outside may drive them and his neighbors and his neighbors neighbors away .May be to his advantage all piece and quite and he could lure the raccoons to his neighbors yards LOL

I dont know I built this to give the impressions that we are neighborly, and welcome the neighbors. Since it was an impression and not real I just might do it LOL.

Well I did tell the neighbors I planted cat nip in all there yards to keep the cats out of mine.

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
Malak said:
claymores, now yur' talkin' !!!

I could take out the entire raccoon family and hit there cousins on the next block over. Awww fond memories those were so fun to play with in the days I served in the army. Boy do they also do great blowing up balloons.

Ask a Question