A new idea for an outdoor Livingroom

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
Oh you poor thing thats why I have the guest house and guests get on my nerves they get booted to the guest house might be small but has what they need .Well except for a shower toilet sink mini fridge tv you set and microwave .They want a shower well hose yourself off LOL.I'll be nice give them shampoo and soap

They could jump in the pond and have a bath with your jaccuzzi oils

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Guest house and pond cam! We are waiting with bated breaths. Make sure you have fish safe oils sissy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh geeze just what I need to give the neighbors more to talk about .They have been wondering about me for years .You should hear some of the stories .I only know 2 neighbors here and they really know very little about me .Where there concerned I keep to myself easier that way .

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
This is the plant I plan on using to cascade from the water feature. The Red Rotala it has very small leaves and flowers. Since this is in a way a coffee table I follow the same rule as a flower vase on a table. The lilly's will be the floating hearts that are also smaller then the normal being about 2 inchs wide on each pad. Hopefully I eliminate those raccoons soon so I could add them.

Attachments

• floating_heart.jpg
    floating_heart.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 260
  • Red Rotala.png
    Red Rotala.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 210

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
I picked up the Red Rotala today and separated it.

Attachments

• 100_4240.jpg
    100_4240.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 250

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love that planter! It looks great in the pond.

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
addy1 said:
Love that planter! It looks great in the pond.

Well I think it was Sissy who said its a strawberry planter which I honestly dont get it. But they sell them at home depot for $30 bucks and this one has been in the front yard with nothing but fake flowers for years now. So its serving a better use that people could enjoy versus the boring use the wife had. And after all she has a 10 foot planter box in the backyard full of strawberries she avoids like the plague since wahhh it has slugs in it. Which I did find out they actually do melt when you pour salt on them :(.

I am glad I made the platform so low since it only shows half the planter I feel it makes a better statement. I'm not really sure what the statement is but I like it better. And like the pond itself the planter is a functional part of the system with biological media inside of it. I keep telling the wife I am an artist and she just gives me the vulcan eyebrow look go figure everyone is a critic......

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
not sure his wife would agree with that addy LOL

She either wrecked or damaged every car I ever owned so it should be fair. If I could find the picture I would show you how it is possible to stick a light pole and a fire hydrant between the wheels of a corvette. They had to use a tow truck to pry it out and the city was called in case the fire hydrant was cracked open.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lol .......go buy her another one.......umm with that above statement.........guess it is equal lol

I like it, looks neat, love how the plants flow. And having only half of it showing is neat.
Great job!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
addy yeh think it was a little more than fair .The are called strawberry pots because you put a plant in each hole never understood how they think a strawberry plant can grow and produce out of those holes but oh well .Some people put hens and chicks in them also but they outgrow the pot too ,so never understood using them when they cost so much/Slugs in strawberry plants my father was an organic farmer and put beer in shallow bowls slugs love get drunk and die .Funny thing is my father never drank beer in his life hated the smell of it too

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
addy yeh think it was a little more than fair .The are called strawberry pots because you put a plant in each hole never understood how they think a strawberry plant can grow and produce out of those holes but oh well .Some people put hens and chicks in them also but they outgrow the pot too ,so never understood using them when they cost so much/Slugs in strawberry plants my father was an organic farmer and put beer in shallow bowls slugs love get drunk and die .Funny thing is my father never drank beer in his life hated the smell of it too

I looked everywhere when the idea of a plant pot came to me and this was the perfect choice that worked with over flowing water and plenty of spots for cascading plants.

Okay thats something worth trying but I have no beer atm. As my personnal deal to get this project done I decided to quit drinking till it was done. So its been 8 months or so since I had a drink of beer, vodka, or anything else delicious. But I am finally coming close and I am not sure I am willing to share. And well the slugs dont bother me its the wifes strawberry patch.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
it's a nobody patch except the slugs .They must love that LOL .I would never give up my glass of wine once in awhile .Well at least the pot has a use now and looks good doing it ,I guess I can't understand the accident thing .Only had 1 in my lifetime Halloween night and my car was totaled and they had to cut me out and it was caused by a drunk driver .Funny thing was I was waiting to pull in my driveway when it happened and he was going a 100 miles an hour when he hit me .Two state cops saw the whole thing too and I was lucky they were there in the area

Ask a Question