sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you know I bet you that would really filter the water great do you have a pump inside of it .If you could put a seperator between the plant and pot the bottom openings would suck in the garbage and clean the water .Would work great I bet with lava rock

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You could have gotten the abs black pipe I have a 6 inch one and a four inch

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
thats a strawberry pot shame on you tisk tisk .I'm going to tell

Is that what it is LOL I had no idea to me its just another planter. But it worked perfectly for the application.

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
you know I bet you that would really filter the water great do you have a pump inside of it .If you could put a seperator between the plant and pot the bottom openings would suck in the garbage and clean the water .Would work great I bet with lava rock

The pump is on the bottom of the pond so I have good water circulation from bottom to the top. The pump is in a container with gravel working as the primary biological media. LOL there is lava rock though my main choice of it besides being a great surface area with all the nooks and crannies is the lightness. This is probably well over 50lbs without the water inside of it. I used a 2 inch thick piece of filter media over the cut pvc pipes to separate the cat litter media and plant. Otherwise all the cat litter would of clogged up everything. And it would of added alot more weight.

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
You could have gotten the abs black pipe I have a 6 inch one and a four inch

Well the 4 inch pipe thats inside of the water feature is only white due to cost and the fact it does not show. For the black pipe the cost would of been $15 for the 10 foot length and the white cost me $7 for the same length. Since I only needed 16 inchs it would of been a waste of money and I still came home with the remaining sections cut down to 4 feet. The rest of the pvc pipe that I used for structure is only 1 inch thick since its nothing more then a frame for the plants to sit on. I would of preferred black but neither lowes nor home depot carried what I needed. So a simple job of sanding the surface of the pipe to prepare it for a paint aplication solved my problem. And most likely saved me a couple bucks they always charge more for unusual things. I doubt I spent even a grand on the whole project including the deck by doing it myself and fabricating everything I needed. And so far everyone loves the curb appeal.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well you always end up getting what evers cheap .It just so happens I had some left from the build of my house ,but a local plumbing supply place sells pvc and abs by the foot a1.50 a foot for pvc and 2 dollars a foot for abs .I bought 12 inch abs for koi tunnels for 4.50 a foot .I found local shops have better prices than lowes or home depot

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
well you always end up getting what evers cheap .It just so happens I had some left from the build of my house ,but a local plumbing supply place sells pvc and abs by the foot a1.50 a foot for pvc and 2 dollars a foot for abs .I bought 12 inch abs for koi tunnels for 4.50 a foot .I found local shops have better prices than lowes or home depot

I found that recently also with pond netting it was $15 at Home Depot and $12 at Sierra Water Gardens here in Reno. It was also more on ebay where the seller of course wanted to over charge on shipping. Too bad they wouldnt do the piping I needed by the foot, now I have 8 feet of 4 inch pvc pipe that I have to come up with something creative on. Perhaps I will take your idea and use it for koi tunnels. Or even better when I catch those blasted raccoons I will use it on there heads.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
make a disapearing water fountain 3 pieces of pipe cut different sizes strapped together and get some spa scent stuff to make it smell pretty .Use a tub or large flowerpot for the base and a cheapy pump .thats all I could think of right now .cup holders lets see what else everyone will come up with LOL

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
make a disapearing water fountain 3 pieces of pipe cut different sizes strapped together and get some spa scent stuff to make it smell pretty .Use a tub or large flowerpot for the base and a cheapy pump .thats all I could think of right now .cup holders lets see what else everyone will come up with LOL

I was thinking of building one of those in the backyard with a solar pump. Since there would be no intention to put fish in it being off for the night wouldnt matter. I could use some cup holders in the wifes car for some reason it has none.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
LOL your wife would get even .I bought some scented spa stuff at ollies great price 99 cents was going to do one on the front porch just for the nice smell

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
LOL your wife would get even .I bought some scented spa stuff at ollies great price 99 cents was going to do one on the front porch just for the nice smell

My wife doesnt do well with scented products she has allergies of I swear everything and sometimes I think she is allergic to me LOL.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
oh dear well hope she gets over that one or maybe you will be living in that outside room a lot LOL

Credes

Raccoon Hunter By Night
Reaction score
sissy said:
oh dear well hope she gets over that one or maybe you will be living in that outside room a lot LOL

Might be nice if we had a larger backyard, I would of added an outdoor bedroom. But I could easily move the table out from under the gazebo and make myself a nice little nest. I just have to keep a fire going in the grill or those rampaging raccoons might eat me during the night LOL.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh you poor thing thats why I have the guest house and guests get on my nerves they get booted to the guest house might be small but has what they need .Well except for a shower toilet sink mini fridge tv you set and microwave .They want a shower well hose yourself off LOL.I'll be nice give them shampoo and soap

Ask a Question