Aeration versus water movement

Reaction score
I just noticed a little froggie in the back ground of my first WH pic! Just love them, but counted 9 last night! I'm getting to plague levels if they all have babies next year!!! 2 are small new ones.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
See you do have a green thumb! everything is growing great!

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Addy I was hoping you could tell me what's what in the bog. I know #4 is sweet flag or iris but now that it's all growing I don't know what's what. LOL and Yes Lisa those are the sissy socks. The plants are doing great in them and there is only 1 spot I can see the sock.
And I think my great white hunter has cleared my pond of frogs. :( Need to build them a safe place to hang next spring. Maybe a small floating island that Calving can't get to.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Our frogs love our floating island - they all camp out there in shifts. But they do eventually get out and still get caught occasionally - we have a dog who thinks his job is clearing the pond of frogs. But there's always more - the cycle never ends it seems.

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
The concern is if I do the floating island it exponentially increases the odds of Calvin ending up in the pond. I only hope I'm home to witness it.
And see Lisak1 that's funny, Buster never seems to bother with the frogs, just the cat. Or he's just sneakier at it. lol

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That's a good point - a cat just might see that as an invitation. We have our island anchored near the shore, but maybe you could anchor it further away. We also have frogs that hang out on our lily pads when those are in their full glory. The pads start to overlap and the frogs can basically walk on water at that point.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Most of my frogs hang out in the bog, or the small fishless ponds. They don't care for the big pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Addy I was hoping you could tell me what's what in the bog.
ok #1 looks like lizard tail
#2 like water willow
#3pickerel weed
#4sweet flag or iris, They look so similar
#5pickerel
#6looks like obedience plant
#7 sweet flag or iris
#9 creeping jenny, maybe

When they bloom it is easier to tell.

Reaction score
Be prepared t! Next year you're gonna have a jungle! The plants addy sent me in the spring LOVE my bog! So much so they're trying to get out! I think I need a bigger Bog! :D And don't let it fool ya.....that obedient plant is NOT obedient! Lol

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
.that obedient plant is NOT obedient! Lol
I have not found one pond/bog plant to be obedient. They all way over grow. I have a lot of the bog plants living out in the yard now. But the bees love the flowers so they are welcome to grow there.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Oh gosh I have already considered extending the bog.
Go for it, and don't be afraid of yanking and tossing. Luckily we have a nice mess of woods in the back yard I just push all the trimmings of our yard and bog, over the hill down into our woods, makes a nice dead fall for the critters. The mound can be 10 plus feet tall then just disappears over winter one thing nice about wet maryland. I take tractor bucket loads to toss back there.

Ask a Question