7A
Country
United States
I do the same but tie off the airstone right under the heater ,

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If someone's pond breather is freezing up and cracking then there's a problem other than the pond breather.
The only reason I'm not using mine is because the cows damaged them. I don't know anyone that uses breathers in colder weather than here.

Where is here Mitch? I'm in Michigan. Should I worry about this thing cracking? :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I'm about 29 hours northwest of you.;)
Do you know where Banff or Calgary, Alberta is?

You don't have to worry about cracking under normal use.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Angela; you don't have to worry. I'm in Mich as well and have no issue with my pond breather. Mitch lives in the Far North, on top of some mountain where even the Yeti fear to go, so his conditions don't mirror ours. I believe he's mentioned seeing bears...not sure if they were polar bears or what, though...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Angela; you don't have to worry. I'm in Mich as well and have no issue with my pond breather. Mitch lives in the Far North, on top of some mountain where even the Yeti fear to go, so his conditions don't mirror ours. I believe he's mentioned seeing bears...not sure if they were polar bears or what, though...

Thanks! If I move I'm heading south!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Reason I moved here from NJ .Did not want any farther south because of storms and bugs .Cheaper to live here also .So hope you get the chance to move south sometime in your future .Really though Virginia is not really a southern state .

Ask a Question