Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Angel,
some links;

http://pentairaes.com/epdm-membrane-air-diffuser.html
http://www.graystonecreations.com/E...EPDM-Rubber-Membrane-6-Long-12-MPT_p_917.html
http://easypropondproducts.com/rubber-membrane-air-diffuser-24-3-4-mpt-inlet.html

Also; you can use hose clamps to keep the larger, weighted tube from coming loose but I bet if you go with the weighted, you'll not need the clamps as this type of hose snugs tighter to the diffuser stem.

Michael
I have used these type and work great. Don't clog and the bubbles are very fine which increases aeration.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I use a laguna with 12 air stones and love it .4 year warranty with it but no problems and bought it in 2014 .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use a laguna with 12 air stones and love it .4 year warranty with it but no problems and bought it in 2014 .

Thanks! I haven't bought one yet. I ended up getting a Pond Breather. They told me I don't need to run an aerator with it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I am still not even 70 percent on the fence with them ,seen to many bad reviews on them .I will stay with my pond heater and also an aerator is needed during warmer months also .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
I am still not even 70 percent on the fence with them ,seen to many bad reviews on them .I will stay with my pond heater and also an aerator is needed during warmer months also .
I've never seen a bad review of the pond breather.
Where have you seen that?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States

What's the down side of the fence Sissy? I also have been going back and forth about the aerator plus pond breather. The last person who had this pond used an aerator only so that is what they're use to.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
on several sights that sell pond supplies it seems it is a draw .They talk about it freezing up and cracking .For the little use my pond heater gets here and the cost to run it ,I will stick with it .When I add the electric up it is cheap to run compared to 2 laguna pumps and a UV and the aerator.Not worth spending the extra money on it at this time .I bought the place in Danville so in the next couple of years I will move there, .The pond heater is only 150 watts and last year by my electric company it only ran 4 times last year for 2 days at a time and only ran mostly at night when electric rates went down ,I have a switch inside to turn it off if there is n opening in the ice .Plus I get warmth from the ground from my septic tank .Plus also some of the people said it was defective and did not work .2 said it took 3 tries before they got one from the company that worked ,not sure if it was user error .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
If someone's pond breather is freezing up and cracking then there's a problem other than the pond breather.
The only reason I'm not using mine is because the cows damaged them. I don't know anyone that uses breathers in colder weather than here.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I am on my 4th year with the breathers, they are in the pond now, not running. We are not cold enough. But my test plug in both fired right up. No issues with either one. They do a great job and are cheap to run.

I started using them years ago, after Mitch talked about them and a friend lost every fish running a aerator over the winter. He had a huge pond, all the fish were floaters in February. One of our rare cold winters.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I run both an aerator and the Pond Breather. My first Pond Breather developed cracks in the clear tube and quit working. Dr. Fosters and Smith said it was defective and replaced it. I've had no problems with the replacement, but it's my personal preference to use both.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
I cheat... I put the air stones near the top and use a trough heater to keep the water from icing.

I definitely turn off my bog as the temperatures hang out in the 30s.

Ask a Question