• try to keep finding it, but where

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • could it be the plants

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh no sissy, I am so sorry to hear you're losing water again/still. I *thought* for sure it was the plants and the heat using up all the water.

I hope you can get to the bottom of this without too much trouble.

Meyer Jordan

Tadpole
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Obviously not related to the plants, Sissy. You have a leak and a sizeable one at that. Hope you find it soon.
On the subject of pH, there is no way 30 gallons of water at any pH would lower your pond's reading from 9 to 8. It does not compute!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well can't explain that only know what tests say and ph meter and I calibrated it to make sure it was reading right tried to get a pic of it on ph meter but it never showed up in pic .I wonder if when I looked at the water meter I read that wrong, not sure ,I usually double check things but I did not that time .I also added koi clay to help keep fish from stressing and to clean the water because of moving plants out of pond .Well I took every thing apart at 4 am and redid everything and added water at that time and thought I lost half inch of turns out it was a quarter inch of water and it is 7:02 PM now , so far sounds good ,measure stick moved sideways and it looked like more .So I put a screw in it to hold it in place new one is coming monday .I pulled a lot of plants and even called firestone and they said if it was the new liner they would replace it with no charge ,amazed me they would do that .Dr foster and Smith where I bought the liner backed me up and said if it was the liner they would have no problem replacing it and told both I was trying to find the source of the leak .Funny thing is under both liners in waterfalls it was dry as could be so not sure where the water went .Since there is a double wall on my pond I looked between the double wall closely but nothing .There is about 8 inch's between the walls and it has sand in there with a layer of rock on top .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Sissy, I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. Hopefully when you wake up tomorrow, the water level will not have dropped and you can enjoy your week end!!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Only reason I ever built this pond was for hubby and I have no real reason to love it any more .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
This makes me so sad. We have our ponds for enjoyment - not stress. I am really hoping that things will settle down for you @sissy so you can go back to relaxing by your pond and not feeling ready to give it all up.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ditto what everyone else has said, and hoping you can find it if it is a leak. I'm still not convinced it's not the banana plant and its babies......

And it's really nice to hear that Dr.F&S and Firestone are willing to stand behind their products. You hear so much negative feedback about customer satisfaction [in general] lately that it's encouraging, especially when it comes to something as important as your pond liner. Now, if they would just send someone out to help install it, it would be a perfect world....... But hopefully, it's NOT the liner.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
We build our ponds for beauty and enjoyment. They obviously require work, but there has to be a balance. Frankly, I've felt tied to my pond this summer, which is frustrating. Hopefully Sissy, things will settle down and you'll find a comfortable balance of enjoyment verses responsibility.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine just putzes along with or without me, except when an apple blocks the outflow. Very little care needed.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Mine just putzes along with or without me

Mine too @addy1. I have to poke around looking for things to do most of the season. A little clean up in the spring - when I'm eager to be outside working anyway; and a little more in the fall - when I am quite honestly ready to be done with the yard for another year and have a different kind of fun getting everything ready for the winter. I enjoy my pond so much and wish for others to have that same experience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Sissy, sorry to hear of your troubles. I sure do hope you find the problem soon. Frustrating to be sure. :(

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Sissy, you sound done. If you do decide to get rid of the pond because it no longer gives you enjoyment I will understand and hope that you will stay on the forum and provide wisdom and guidance as you have in the past. It can't be an easy decision but you have to do what brings you the most joy in this world. Big hugs to you, whatever you decide.

Ask a Question