sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
supposed to rain all week and pond is full to over flow and wish i had heard that rain was supposed to be this much .The weather here is always inaccurate ,they tell you it is supposed to rain and it will say 60% and we get no rain

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Sissy I have also noticed I have had to top the pond off a lot recently. I have not noticed any leaks but plan to do a better check this weekend. I also read somewhere that water evaporation is greater when daytime temps are warm and nights are cool. So I'm hoping thats what I'm dealing with as well. I also have a lot of creeping jenny hanging over into the pond and think I should cut that back to see if plants are contributing to the water loss. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now.
Maybe the temps have something to do with it. We have had a lot of rain this summer so just recently having this issue as we have been dry for a few weeks now here.
If the warm days/cool nights are contributing maybe you are having the same issue.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have been dry for months and only thing that kept things green was the dew .We have had high humidity at night from drastic temp drops at night and that has been going on for a month and half and now that I have decided to bite the bullet and take the waterfall pond apart we get rain,lots of rain and supposed to rain all week now .pond is really full at this point

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sissy, I'm sure you will find it sooner or later and when you do you will be surprised how easy it was and everything will look brighter. I had a bad leak myself. I was all set to change the liner and last ditch effort I recut all the ends of my hoses so they were a nice round shape where they connected to the pumps and filters and I changed all my gaskets on my filter. I thought this was a waste of time but I couldn't think of doing anything else to do but as a result my leak went away.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
found the leak and stupid frogs over 10 of them decided to make a nest when it got cold and pulled one corner of the liner down up by the waterfall pond .I had to catch them and relocate them and so far 9 are gone .One little corner caused all my headaches .After weeks of turning this pump off and that pump off .Then tearing it all apart:mad: ,Stupid frogs ,

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
You and frogs are just not good together! Hope this puts you back in "smooth sailing" mode!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow! Sissy, I'm so glad you found the culprits and hence the solution to your "leak"!!!! Your patience and hard work paid off :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not sure but have not lost a drop of water in 2 days but it has rained here again and water level did go up instead of down so that is a good sign .The farmer that I took the frogs too was so happy to see the frogs he hugged me and i told him I may have more .He thought that they all went to sleep for the winter and he would not get any this year .SURPRISE He was next on the list to get frogs or tadpoles .I only have temporary filters set up for now

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Worst was trying to find the leak when the ground was like walking on a wet sponge from all the rain .But can't complain considering how hard SC and NC got hit by all the rain .A few bridges lost here and some minor flooding so we were lucky .I have been working through the times when rain let up .Some times late at night and a couple of times around 5 am .Even caught 2 deer standing out by the garden eating plants and watching me ,asked them to help but they ignored me and kept eating .

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
8B
Country
United States
been following your plight, glad to here you finally found the problem and was able to resolve it easily

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Sissy, Congrats on finding the leak. It's funny that no matter how experienced someone is there can always be some new thing that stumps you. I was really frustrated with my leak too and was ready to tear the whole thing up before I found the problem.

Ask a Question