Anyone hired a crew to dig their pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
but for some reasons we couldn't get any of the company we contacted, to come out to give us a quote

We are currently doing a big house remodel and are having a DEVIL of a time finding people who are willing to give us quotes on some aspects of this job - everyone says they're too busy, which is great. But COME ON! Someone must need work!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Rented this. $500. They didn't pick it up until 9 days later.

ho1.jpeg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
You can rent a small digger that is what my neighbor did .Sad to say I had to show him how to use it after rental company left it when he was not home .Cost him 50 dollars a day and sunday was free since they are not open .He rented it from big sky rentals here

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We are currently doing a big house remodel and are having a DEVIL of a time finding people who are willing to give us quotes on some aspects of this job - everyone says they're too busy, which is great. But COME ON! Someone must need work!
I guess we should be glad the economy picked up :)
and it could be worse if they came out to give quotes and then postpone the work for months
Me want a new kitchen, now that you mentioned house remodel:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm getting a new kitchen... eventually. haha! Right now we are living in the living room and master bedroom. Thank goodness for the patio!
I gotta stop spending all my money in the garden, if I want the house done!:ROFLMAO: We started it, did the 2 and 1/2 bath, and then the "pond fever" got us and the rest of the house got put on hold

I bet your house will look amazing when done!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
Canada
I found at times it is cheaper and faster to pay for the machine with the operator. They work with the machine all the time and get a lot of work done in less time so cost less $$ in the end.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We just do the remodel work ourselves. Only pay for things we can't do like cut the granite and install, that stuff is heavy!

I think we have done eight kitchens together, I did three others before in Arizona.

I'm getting a new kitchen... eventually. haha!

I finally got our one counter kitchen replaced when I told hubby, after we had remodeled three rental kitchens, that my kitchen was a dump! We started on it right away. I love it!

Took us about 3 weeks with ordering stuff, installing the cabinets, waiting on the granite.
DSC07743.JPG

This was a small hallway leading to the front door, we made it into a built in fridge with two pantries.
DSC07750.JPG

We put cabinets on the back side of the bar. Granite being installed picture
DSC07741.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
If only we had a handy bone in our bodies. I told my husband years ago "it's OK - you make the money; I'll pay people to do the work". If I had known what trades people would be earning, I'd have sent him back to school!

I could easily do a kitchen for someone else - but knowing this will be my kitchen for life and wanting to make sure we get it right has taken some time. Plus we removed a few walls and moved some doors so we had to get some engineering work done and wait for permits and whatnot. Slow going, but it should pick up this week.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Plus we removed a few walls and moved some doors so we had to get some engineering work done and wait for permits and whatnot
lol We were in the house for 24 hours, after we bought it, and dropped two walls, non load bearing. The kitchen was a tiny dark little thing, getting rid of the two walls got some light into the kitchen. YEARS later, I got dear hubby to move on finally fixing it up, after he retired. Lived with the refer, stove, sink, dishwasher all along one small wall, two feet of counter space.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
@addy1 , I love your kitchen!!!!!!!!
We do all the work ourselves, but there isn't much I can do in the kitchen as far as changing the layout. The bathrooms are a different story, this is the before and after of my master
before
bath2.jpg
DSC00387.JPG
DSC00384.JPG

After
DSC01257.JPG
DSC01256.JPG
DSC01260.JPG

Ask a Question