Anyone use a Oase BioSmart 10000 Pond Filter?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 7a
Country
United States
https://store.oase-usa.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=80

I a considering using it as a mechanical filter in front of my bog filter. I am in process of planning out a redo of the current Bog so I can have a way to back-flush the system which the original designer did not resulting in a ton of muck after 10+ years.

The plan is to seed a filter this one or another one and run it in tandem with the Bog then once it is cycled use it on its own while I redo the bog.

If I can then use the filter as a mechanical filter & additional bio filtration that would be a bonus. Anyone have any experience with these or anything else that might fit the bill.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
remember like others have found out the replacement pads are not cheap .Build your own filter a stock tank a tank adapter some lava rock and throw plants on the top and done

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 7a
Country
United States
remember like others have found out the replacement pads are not cheap .Build your own filter a stock tank a tank adapter some lava rock and throw plants on the top and done

I am also considering building a skippy type filter. I had one before but my issue with them is that they are big and ugly and hard to hide. It is still in the mix because they are easy and relatively cheap to make.

Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not really .Still trying to finish mine but rain and work here has held me off .There are others on here that hide them .Mine sits in a liner so if it ever leaks it runs back into the pond .I put plants in pots around the outside of it to hide the liner it sits in
101_0740.JPG
100_6948.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 7a
Country
United States
not really .Still trying to finish mine but rain and work here has held me off .There are others on here that hide them .Mine sits in a liner so if it ever leaks it runs back into the pond .I put plants in pots around the outside of it to hide the liner it sits in View attachment 101244 View attachment 101243

Nice pond. I have built and used Skippys in the past but with my current house and landscaping I am going for a different look. In the past I have never been able to fully hide the filter.

PS I lived in Danville for a bit a few years back. How is southside treating you?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Not bad but I am not in the city limits so that is good .They are making a lot of the dan river mills plant into lofts or doctors offices or stripping them to make flooring .I have only been here since 2004 .Taxes and costs are a lot cheaper than NJ .I live about 15 minutes from Eden NC .They are building 3 new businesses on Berry hill road and building more in Danville .I almost bought in NC but decided here with my sisters and mom and dad close was better .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 7a
Country
United States
Not bad but I am not in the city limits so that is good .They are making a lot of the dan river mills plant into lofts or doctors offices or stripping them to make flooring .I have only been here since 2004 .Taxes and costs are a lot cheaper than NJ .I live about 15 minutes from Eden NC .They are building 3 new businesses on Berry hill road and building more in Danville .I almost bought in NC but decided here with my sisters and mom and dad close was better .

Yeah we were there from Summer of 2013 to winter of 2014.

Ask a Question