Aqua Ultima II 6000 not filtering

CDC

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been having a problem with large particles moving around in my 6000g pond. I have a Aqua Ultima II 6000 running on it at the moment and have been doing back washes on it when the pressure gauge goes up.

However the water has never been clear of the large bits of algae and other things floating in the water. Long story short I put a filter sock over the output from my filter to see if it was clear. It was far from it within 15 minutes the filter sock was full and needed to be cleaned.

Has anyone ever had this problem with a pressure filter not properly filtering the water?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have been having a problem with large particles moving around in my 6000g pond. I have a Aqua Ultima II 6000 running on it at the moment and have been doing back washes on it when the pressure gauge goes up.

However the water has never been clear of the large bits of algae and other things floating in the water. Long story short I put a filter sock over the output from my filter to see if it was clear. It was far from it within 15 minutes the filter sock was full and needed to be cleaned.

Has anyone ever had this problem with a pressure filter not properly filtering the water?
I too have a Ultima 6000.... But have not had a problem with water clarity.... It amazes me with the amount of disclored water that goes out when I backwash..... But I only backwash once a week and only for as long till the backwash water is clear..... I have a bottom drain and a skimmer feeding my pump which in turn feeds my Ultima..... Also I have never seen my pressure gauge change between backwashing.....

CDC

Reaction score
Country
United States
The gauge in on the top near the selector handle. I back washed it again yesterday and it seemed to make it better but there is still particles coming out of the output.

I'm starting to thing the filter is not big enough for my pond, its the first time I've used a pressure filter on a pond I always used to build my own.

The pressure gauge will go lower when the pump strainer is blocked and higher when the filter needs back washing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Are you talking about the clear tube that shows dirty water during a backwash?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nevermind. My old one didn't have the valve. My new 20k unit does.

Ask a Question