Baby Goldfish?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
I think we have two baby goldfish in our floating planter. :)

This video didn't turn out too well. One is swimming in the upper left of the video:

There is a frog nearby (you can see him in the crack of the bricks in the video), so I'm not entirely confident we have goldfish instead of tadpoles. What do you all think? (I'm new to ponds and fish.)

Also, any ideas how they got there? Could eggs have gotten through the netting? My other thought is that they came with the plants I bought four months ago. Could that be?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It looks like a small fish to me....do you have any fish? I have those same floating planters and believe that's how some of my koi eggs survived.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
It looks like a small fish to me....do you have any fish? I have those same floating planters and believe that's how some of my koi eggs survived.

Yes, we have five goldfish, three that I think are old enough to breed. That would have been helpful for me to mention. : ) Yay! I was hoping to have goldfish babies--a new experience for us.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Yes, we have five goldfish, three that I think are old enough to breed. That would have been helpful for me to mention. : ) Yay! I was hoping to have goldfish babies--a new experience for us.

Be careful what you wish for! Goldfish are prolific breeders! It is fun though, to have your own pond babies!

ZmanArt007

Fish Keeper and Filmmaker
Reaction score
Sometimes Los Angeles, Sometimes Nebraska
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
It wouldn't let me load it either. My goldfish apparently bred last year and I missed it, only one baby survived. I thought it was a koi because it was the same size as the fry i had when I brought the fish indoors for the winter. when I brought them back out, one of them wasn't a koi :) congrats on your babies

Last edited:

Ask a Question