Becky out of action

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hi!

Sorry for my continued absence. I had some lumbar injections in early June and they made everything worse - looks like I might have a spinal fluid leak now too. It has given me a really bad headache and I find it increasingly difficult to concentrate as the day goes on, which all gets worse when I'm standing up - consequently I spend most of my time lying on the sofa! The consultants are all trying to work out what to do with me :rolleyes:

Anyhow I hope you're all doing well. I miss you and look forward to being back once I'm better (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi @Becky,
I just caught this thread and as a newbie did not know about your condition. Glad to see you back to posting here from time to time. I always value your input as well from many others. Fingers crossed for a full recovery.

all the best, Walt

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I hope you can at least enjoy the healing magic of being near your pond! Get better soon!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
upload_2017-7-29_7-53-37.gif

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey guys, just wanted to drop in and say hi!

Sorry for my continued absence. I had some lumbar injections in early June and they made everything worse - looks like I might have a spinal fluid leak now too. It has given me a really bad headache and I find it increasingly difficult to concentrate as the day goes on, which all gets worse when I'm standing up - consequently I spend most of my time lying on the sofa! The consultants are all trying to work out what to do with me :rolleyes:

Anyhow I hope you're all doing well. I miss you and look forward to being back once I'm better (y)
Hope you get better soon!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have scoliosis and 2 disks that bulge but it does not stop me and I take nothing for the pain and never have .I just know my limits and learn to work with it instead of against it .I keep moving doing things doctors have told me for lots of years that i should not do because in the future it will get worse .The worse has not come and i am 64 now .They been telling me that for 40+ years .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone, long time no see! Hope you each had a great time over Christmas and New Year :)

Sorry I've been away for so long, I just wanted to give you a bit of an update. I finally got diagnosed with a spinal fluid leak at the end of November, and the neurologist referred me for a blood patch (which is where they inject sterile blood in to the spine so that it clots and blocks the leak). The anaesthetist doing the procedure was quite hesitant because he didn't agree with the diagnosis, but in the end he agreed to go ahead and I had the blood patch yesterday.

As a bit of a reminder, I've been suffering from headaches, nausea and poor concentration for months, which all got worse when I spent time upright. I didn't have high hopes for the blood patch if I'm honest, but I felt it would be useful as a diagnostic tool at least. Well during the procedure I had a whoosh of clarity, it was like feeling fully awake all of a sudden. Quite a nice change after months of feeling out of it! I still have a headache, but it might take a few days to see any improvement there. Overall I'm cautiously optimistic!

I'm hoping that if I continue to improve then I'll be able to spend more time on the forum again, but it might be a slow process getting back to normal. I have to take things really easy over the next few days so that I don't disturb the blood clot, but at least it feels like I might be on the road to recovery at long last.

I'm sure there will be a lot for me to catch up on! I hope you're all doing well and looking forward to spring :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Happy to se you back and hopefully they find out from the tests what is wrong and get you relief from the pain

Ask a Question