Big goldfish

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Here is a picture of a large goldfish this store keeps in an aquarium. You can compare it's size to the pot of the coffee maker next to it to see it's size!
IMG_20140711_083026_469.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's so horrible! Snatch him and his buddies and put them in a bigger pond when they aren't looking. We need to free Willy! Maybe someone could convince them to do something right for those fish, maybe buy them? I just feel so bad for that great big one :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
poor guy he's wearing the tank as a straight jacket he needs to be moved outdoors cant you tell them that? however will they listen?:(

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
The fish can barely turn around in the tank it is so big. They must know something about fish to have it so long and for it to have gotten so big. It's at a large building materials supplier in Chicago with lots of employees and several locations so I have no idea who to talk to about the fish, but I agree it seems very cruel to have it in such a small area for it's size.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Diesel haha!! Well, It's behind the cashiers counter and they have 3 or 4 people working at the counter at all times so they might get the wrong idea f I try to sneak behind it!. I love my fish but not enough to go to jail!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I agree Priscilla. I had mentioned it to a cashier before but they seem to know very little about fish and had little interest in discussing anything unless it was about a window order. Big Lou, It's a very large company with factories and showrooms all over Chicago. I have no idea who the owner is. If I go back I'll try to find out who the manager of the window factory is. He would probably be the best person to talk to.

herzausstahl

herzausstahl
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
I agree Priscilla. I had mentioned it to a cashier before but they seem to know very little about fish and had little interest in discussing anything unless it was about a window order. Big Lou, It's a very large company with factories and showrooms all over Chicago. I have no idea who the owner is. If I go back I'll try to find out who the manager of the window factory is. He would probably be the best person to talk to.

If I were you Keith if it's that big of a company I would just ask the cashier who set up,the tank or even who the supervisor for the cashiers is. Guessing once you find the right person who isn't to far up the chain they won't care if you move it. Unless you know the factory manager personally, you might just get a similar response as you did from the cashiers. They will just be too preoccupied with their daily responsibilities

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You could even offer to replace the big ones w/ some small ones that would fit nicely in there as long as they agree to give you those when they get too big again. If you started out w/ that idea of giving they might be more apt to listen.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't go there frequently, but next time I go there I will make a point of it to speak to a manager. Hopefully they will at least consider getting a bigger tank!

Ask a Question