Big Snake

Greg373

At a loss
Reaction score
Cleaning the neighbors pond for her this weekend my son and I got a scare when a Brown Water snake slithered into the pond where he was standing.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
One of the things I remember from my 2 years in the US Army at Ft Gordon Ga. was the large signs showing all 4 poisonous snakes and all 3 poisonous spiders which they claimed were only all found at Ft Gordon.

I came accross a few of them. Scared the hell out of me...

Reaction score
I know this is a older post , I am in Alabama from Ga. though.There are several poisonous snakes down this way. Two years I had my first encounter with a brown water snake not poisonous but very aggressive they have a bad attitude and will eat your fish and they will bite you as well.Did I mention I love bird netting on the pond..............this guy was close to 3 foot long.
snake7066001.jpg

snake7064001.jpg

snake7062001.jpg

Reaction score
LOL nope a shovel after I cleaned my pants. I did not even know he was there and I was right beside him hand feeding the fish. I did learn though that when I go out and I smell a musky moth ball like smell to look for them, still not sure why they put off that scent but both snake encounters they were doing that.

BlakeA

koiboy
Reaction score
We live right on the edge of alot of woods right now, and a few days ago, I was feeding the fish, and a baby copperhead swam across the pond and into our waterfall. So we had to take down the whole waterfall, and couldn't find him, and as i bent down to pick up a leaf from my pond he jumped out from under a stone i was standing on. My friend used a slate rock. :[ I really didn't want to see it killed, but neighbor ahs kids that sometimes comes over, and that could end badly.

Reaction score
Oh my bad snake for sure, my mom lives south of Atlanta, last year she had a cottonmouth a not so small one at that get in hers.She later put the bird netting on.Ended up a few days later catching him in it. They get in that stuff and can't get out.

shikkaba

Not Just Another Number
Reaction score
I've only seen garden snakes around where we are. Not too sure if they like fish or not. Hope not. :profile:

Ask a Question