Bog filter clean out?

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
It's strange, but whenever you put "Pond" in front of anything, the price doubles! My part-time job involves buying all the pond supplies for the garden center. A number of the plants can be purchased from standard growers for half the cost that pond plant wholesalers charge! Irises, chameleon plants, creeping Jenny, bloody dock and a few others are all much cheaper from "dry-land" growers, even though they're probably easier to grow in a bog situation. :confused:
John

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
One of our problems up here is we're behind the curve as far as spring goes. When we get spoiled by a mild stretch of weather we think spring is here and it's time to start planting. In reality we have another month to go before it really warms up and when we're ready, the sales are all over.:(

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I pulled almost everything out of my bog last week as the plants were all tall and were blocking the view. There was some bad smell as the bog was overgrown with cattails and iris. I backflushed it and now have it running. Getting ready to plant some low growing plants in there.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The only thing that STINKS! are my small ponds, no fish, just flow through water, the bottom does not get cleaned, full of lotus and other plants. Great plant filters

Ask a Question