Boy Scout Winter Camp is over! It was eventful.....

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok people - here's my tip: below 75 degrees outside? Move your sleeping quarters indoors. You're welcome! ;)

I like it cool when I sleep, but you folks are crazy!
LOL, I do like for the air around me to be cool when I sleep [but NOT cool IN my sleeping bag!] -- I always have a fan or 2 for when it's warmer. "Still" air is uncomfortable air, esp with our humidity. And I really do only use the sleeping bag from about Oct. through April or May-ish. Other times, I'll take a couple of sheets and a light fleece blanket.
being a little crazy isn't always a bad thing. :)
....and people are always telling me I'm crazy to camp with and teach the scouts [esp my 20 year old son, LOL!], but I love it and want to continue until my health dictates otherwise. The way I look at it is that I CAN and am willing to give my time [retired, son in college], and that makes up for the other parents who aren't able to contribute. I love being crazy! Tee, hee!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
And BTW, I've contacted the Dad of the scout with the broken leg. He's recovering well, and will go back to school [high school, I believe] tomorrow. They are going to have to look into whether the school has an elevator, since he has a class on 3rd floor. Surely, they do......at least a freight elevator! Otherwise, how would they get equipment & furnishings up & down. But I'll find out how it goes.

Ask a Question