Bright ideas...

Reaction score
Okay, so got a bunch of babies in a couple of weeks ago, and a few were really thin...Most of the skinny guys are gaining weight fast... Which is great, but without grossly over feeding, have a few slow pokes... Dont want to keep over feeding the 750, and definately dont want to set up yet another tank, soooo I get ambitious and design/start a "fry basket" that fits front to back in the 750... Silly me forgot HOW MUCH I HATE SEWING! Stupid, stupid, SUPER STUPID ME!!! When all is said and done, there is almost 28 FEET of handstitching... and I only have 4.5' done so far... I know I am going to love it when it is done, but what the heck was I thinking???

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did that too but w/ my big floating plant ring.............sat outside in the Summer sun sewing till everything on me ached from sitting in one position for so long. Had to sew sides on and bottom circle to sides. Used a big needle and strong fish line and the stuff was hard to use. Next time I will use zip ties
xmassmiley21.gif

IMG_1257.jpg

Reaction score
OMG JW you know exactly how I am feeling! Except that since I went with a pvc frame, I cant put it on my lap... either I am reaching UP from the recliner, or leaning down... As you can see, I havent gotten far at all! My arms are really burning and have had a few words for my last eye exam! AKA my sight MUST be worse than the exam says LOL.

I made some plant rings a few years ago, but your's is much prettier! I didnt think to use zip ties either... just took a crochet hook to force holes through and twine to tie it on (sewing machine SLOW does ok for the bottom).

I am using 35 lb super braid fishing line... more of a cloth like line... wish I could find finer (20 lb), but it goes through a #5 embrodery needle just fine. Now if the gorilla tape would stop falling off... I dont want to "pin" like doing a hem, the screen is so cheesy:(

Attachments

• basket.jpg
    basket.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 214

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks really nice and you will have it forever to use now. Once it's done you will be happy. I had lots of words while doing mine,lol! Those darn tiny just hatched goldfish babies were able to fit right through my screen and live in there till they got too big to come out. Then I had to take all the plants out and dump them all into the pond. Sheesh I know it will happen every year now,oh well. If too many survive I will be in the fish giving away business
xmassmiley22.gif

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I found they lie and lie bad about what gorilla tape does .Just like anything I believed the advertising too .I used fishing wire but on the pool noodles just used coated wire ,lazy i guess .

Reaction score
I look at it as a cross between electrical tape, and masking tape... it's what was on hand... just needed to tack the excess up so it wasnt hanging as I was sewing...

Ask a Question