Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
My little USA flag boy disappeared!
Ah I've just figured out what you mean by this... if the image was linked from an attachment in a private message, it won't appear to anyone other than those talking in the PM (as we don't have permissions). I saw a few broken link images in sigs on here and removed them, not realising that you could actually see them - if you want the old flag one just upload it in public and link to it that way, it should work ok. If you want to add an image to a signature that everyone can see, you can attach it to a public post and link to it that way. The pirate one appears ok as it's posted in public. I currently don't see an image sig for @Dimelius, but I suspect that's because the image linked is from a private message.

This is what I see:

Screenshot 2021-12-24 105344.png

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thanks @Ian I kinda like the little pirate guy but good to know on the way to post them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ok here it is all tidied up tight and close together!
for my money, I like Queen, text, then pirate boy, but I like to see things condensed more than others, maybe. Do it as YOU like to see it, imo. The ONLY reason I even bring it up is it CAN be hard to scroll to the next post if there's a lot of large gifs in siggy. Otherwise, not an issue for me.

stXmas.gif

Reactions: j.w

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The ONLY reason I even bring it up is it CAN be hard to scroll to the next post if there's a lot of large gifs in siggy. Otherwise, not an issue for me.
It can be hard on phone users, I try now and then using a phone or tab, very briefly and it is a lot of scrolling to get past. I usually am on the lappy, easier on the old hands, there it is not that much of a bother

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I did shrink the queen and put the others underneath. Hope this will help. I could put them all on one line next to each other but that looks weird to me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
pics (so I can find them easier!) of the RC boat/gatorcam I modded to get UW vids.

210218 - gatorcam components 1.jpg

210218 - gatorcam components.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
pics of the fake hollow log I used for one waterfall, + video below.
Pics of fake fairy garden pot wood surrounds.

210705 - faux GB log, placement, vid of log in action 12.jpg

210705 - faux GB log, placement, vid of log in action 10.jpg

210705 - faux GB log, placement, vid of log in action 7.jpg

210705 - faux GB log, placement, vid of log in action 2.jpg

210705 - faux GB log, placement, vid of log in action 1.jpg

l

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Very nice work @brokensword They look real and love how the water comes out of that one!
Thanks, JDuB; I've gotten the technique down, now. Really easy to create and work with. And light weight. I made the log after seeing GB's setup and knew I'd never find something similar anytime soon. And I had 2 parts of my redbud/wFall hill used up but the backside, which you can't see anyhow, was still available, so figured it was a good way to hide one end of the log and let the other stick out into view. I already had a feed from one pump there so it was an easy tweak.

Glad you like!

stninja.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I admire your creative energy brokensword...I can't imagine what it must be like walking into your private paradise:)
Well, thank you very much, Ruby! I try. I'm pretty practical but have always had a creative bent since I was a kid. I figure the pond is my current way of expressing that side of me. And it really helps to have most things complete and have a LOT of time to dream of how to make it even better! The little touches are now as important to me as the larger ones. I'll unabashedly steal other peeps' ideas if I like them that much! I figure it's a type of hommage and I see it that way in reverse, whenever I do something others like!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Beautiful! You do have a real creative mind!

Come and redo my wild pond! ...............nah I like the absolute low care pond I have. It grows, it survives, it sleeps over winter. I just walk down and say how pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Beautiful! You do have a real creative mind!

Come and redo my wild pond! ...............nah I like the absolute low care pond I have. It grows, it survives, it sleeps over winter. I just walk down and say how pretty!
nothing wrong with wild, addy; I can easily understand it. As noted before, I like a bit of organization as I find unwanteds (or even taller plants in general) will obliterate or cover over the 'other' ones I'd like to see, so some order is in order! My son is like you; likes wildness to naturalize, but he once kept bees like you, so comes from the same mind set. For him, nature works together but he's more interested in the final soil product as well as plantings that are symbiotic in nature. Guess I'm a product of my gardener-minded mom; she had a nice touch and I guess I took that as my template; large/tall in back, then medium for mid-ground, and finally low for the front area. As a matter of fact, when I built the house, I took a lot of her garden and put it in mine. Probably got 300' linear feet now of hosta, maybe more, and even some plants she had before she died, still in pots in the house. So, I come by this gardening thang via her!

I'm also very contrast minded, so flowers tend to alternate between dark and light, leaves between variegated and green, smooth and textured. You'll note my fish are similarly contrasting.

stninja.gif

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Guess I'm a product of my gardener-minded mom
My mom loved to garden.................but she had zero organization. If there was a bare spot a plant went into it. No real flow. I sort of get it from her. Now when I first planted the hill leading down to the pond I had it all organized, all mulched, weed free. After years of adding 3 inches of mulch every spring pulling weeds fighting vines, etc etc, I gave up.

Now anything I really don't want and can't fight vines of poison ivy, virginia creeper, etc, gets a good dose of round up or something similar. Md is a non stop fight to control the vines. The worse are the brambles. Unreal thorns etc. and grow everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question