Building a 8'x10'x5' deep pond into basically solid rock 6" under ground

Reaction score
Yea, it has a 500-600gph pump in it, which is replaceable. I wish I had it plumed to my fines filter thou, but for a quick fix it works. Just cut down some branches so the pond get some sun so hopefully it warms up and the fish wake up. Its 57*F so I think the fish went back into sub hibernation and arnt really hungry. It should get wormer now which im excited about. Seems to be clearing up. Its not grean, more brown from all the crap falling it it. I posted 2 more vids in the 'need a floating skimmer' post. Good thing is the pumo is totally removable so I can replace it if it dies or figure out how to plumb it to another pump that would send it to my fines filter, but would have to figure out boyance. Good purchase for for $50 IMO.

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
well guy... i can only say i truelly hope this pond brings you years of enjoyment. if there was an award for persaverance and patience in the progress of the pond producing process it would have to go to you. WELL DONE !!

Reaction score
Thanks,
wouldnt have happened without the help from you all
Filled it to the brim and its now holding.

P1010925.jpg

P1010928.jpg

P1010933.jpg

P1010927.jpg

Reaction score
Andrew, so very beautiful. Dennis wants a waterfall, can you come and do that for us? You have chosen a wonderful hobby -- you are an artist as well as a builder and inventor.

Looking forward to seeing it in August!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
All I have to say is that you have a lot of perseverance and I sure don't envy you. If I didn't have sandy soil I think I would just have had to build and above ground pond if I really wanted one. But I say good on ya for giving it your all :bowdown:
It all looks so very nice now that it's finished

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
great looking pond there avaitor and what are those pretty purple flowers I love them I also see you have 1 of those floating skimmers how is it working out was looking at 1 on ebay

Ask a Question