Building another pond+river!

Reaction score
hey guys
So I already have a pond,posted in introductions :banana:

My plan is to connect my current pond with another pond that's a bit smaller but deep.
I am going to build the river with pond liner,cement and rocks that will be placed onto of the cement while it is still wet.The pond will also be build with pond liner and cement at some parts.

I have a few rocks and i still have some leftover plastic that i will use for the river.The only stuff i still have to get is cement and a pump.

Any ideas of how to build the river/pond is welcome :D
Also just need some advice to what pump to buy.I'm not sure how many liters to pond,but it is 190x150 and about 30cm deep.

The pictures will give you an idea how everything looks :D

Attachments

• SDC10033.JPG
    SDC10033.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 425
  • SDC10034.JPG
    SDC10034.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 447
  • SDC10035.JPG
    SDC10035.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 467
  • SDC10036.JPG
    SDC10036.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 416
  • SDC10038.JPG
    SDC10038.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 423

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
It gets tricky unless the 2nd pond is lower. That way you can fall the water from the upper pond without leakage to the liner in your stream to the lower pond. Unless you have another fall, the lower pond has to be one continuous piece of EPDM liner.

Reaction score
Yes,that what worried me,but i just finished digging out the pond and i made it extra deep,so the water of the pond will be just under or leveled with the water of the stream.Will take some more pics and a video tomorrow.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
OK
I saw the video, looks like what I did with mine. I can't tell from this if the 2nd pons is lower or by how much. Remember, to avoid a massive leak, the water has to fall over the overlapping EPDM liners. Think of how shingles work to keep water out of your house roof. That is what you need to replicate. It is tricky with a lot of flow, but it can be done.

Ask a Question