butterfly koi w/ standard fins?

Reaction score
aI buoght a nice loking koi today at pet smart. It was priced as a butterfly koi but dosn't have long fins. So I asked about the price cause the standard are 499 and the butterfly are 8.99. she told me that it came in as a butterfly so she had to sell as such, and that since it was on the smaller side it most likely had not developed its long fins yet IS THIS TRUE

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My butterflies were small when I got them and they had long fins .They were about 3 inches long

Reaction score
me too . I told her that I had never herd of that and didn't believe it but that I realy liked the color pattern so I was buying it anyway. But Iguessonly time will tell.

Neo

Nick
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me at Petsmart last year. I also liked the color pattern and got him anyway. He has grown quite a bit now and fins are still on the small side compared to my other butterfly koi but they do seem longer than normal.

Ask a Question