Camera ideas?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Does anyone have a suggestion as to the type of camera I would need to get to show what frequents my pond at night? Since there is always action from my fish does that mean it would be snapping pics all night long? When it comes to technology I am clueless so I would need something simple:)

Reaction score
Country
United States
A game camera would be good. I was gifted one and put it up on August 30th. That first night, I had 4 visitors that I didn't know I had. I am not sure if I got one of the pics with all 4 of them in it. But, trust me, there were 4. I think one adult and 3 juveniles? One looked bigger than the others. I only get one in my pictures now.

Attachments

• 20220830044740_IM_00016.JPG
    20220830044740_IM_00016.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220830045140_IM_00022.JPG
    20220830045140_IM_00022.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220830045246_IM_00023.JPG
    20220830045246_IM_00023.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
The camera I have is pretty good. It does work on blue tooth and wifi, although you have to be close to it to download your pictures/videos from it. Mine has a128 gb card, but I download the pics and videos everyday onto my phone, then delete the pics off the camera SD card.

As you can see, mine doesn't show the water. I haven't seen any fish in a few months, now I know why.

Last edited:

YShahar

Enthusiastic duct-tape engineer
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Israel
The camera I have is pretty good. It does work on blue tooth and wifi, although you have to be close to it to download your pictures/videos from it. Mine has a128 gb card, but I download the pics and videos everyday onto my phone, then delete the pics off the camera SD card.

As you can see, mine doesn't show the water. I haven't seen any fish in a few months, now I know why.
Hi Gimpy,

What make of camera do you have?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
A game camera would be good. I was gifted one and put it up on August 30th. That first night, I had 4 visitors that I didn't know I had. I am not sure if I got one of the pics with all 4 of them in it. But, trust me, there were 4. I think one adult and 3 juveniles? One looked bigger than the others. I only get one in my pictures now.
Thank you for posting these pics and the info on the camera...Cute little raccoon:)

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I don't have one but I have heard game cams are easy and cheap and work good at night too! I see them sometimes when I'm out walking. People attach to trees or whatever and when anything walks buy they take a photo. I want to get one too!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
I don't have one but I have heard game cams are easy and cheap and work good at night too! I see them sometimes when I'm out walking. People attach to trees or whatever and when anything walks buy they take a photo. I want to get one too!
Okay, thanks j.w.!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Gimpy,

What make of camera do you have?

The camera was a gift to me back in the summer.

There is not a whole lot of info on it.

I think that is a link to it.^^
Here is a picture of the package/box it came in.

Attachments

• 20221028_173845.jpg
    20221028_173845.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 11

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
The camera was a gift to me back in the summer.

There is not a whole lot of info on it.

I think that is a link to it.^^
Here is a picture of the package/box it came in.
It has a lot of good features love the solar power. May even get one. (I am a gadget freak ie lover)

Reaction score
Country
United States
So far, once the camera is set up, there is little to no maintenance. I have mine set up on an old bench over looking my little bitty pond. So it is wifi and Bluetooth setup, I don't have to mess with the physical camera itself.

The wifi on it is not real powerful, meaning you need to be a fairly close distance to the camera.

Once set up, you can change your preferences on the menu from the app on your phone. I have mine set up to shoot a picture in combination with a 20 second video.

Even though it is a large 128 gb SD card in the camera, I delete everything daily on it.

I probably was given the camera in June, but did not set it up until the end of August. I didn't really want to go thru the setup process, but finally relented. Once set up, it has been very easy to use.

Here is a picture setup on my little bench in front of the pond.

Attachments

• 20221029_074146.jpg
    20221029_074146.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 9

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks like a good one but I know nothing about the quality or performance needed. I wonder how the solar would work here in the Pacific N.W as we don't get much sun in the winter? I see where it takes batteries so perhaps I would need to rely on those when no sun? I wonder also if one could use rechargeable batteries? I think I read somewhere that no you can't as they would run out before the fancy batteries they recommend to use in them. Need to read all the questions in the Amazon reviews in order to see what results people are all getting. I know most don't come w/the batteries or the disk. I'm learning as I go.

Ask a Question