Can you share pics of your pond bog?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here is my previous pond. The bog was something like 3’ w X 6’ l.

Attachments

• 3D16A87A-BF64-4BE7-A05A-5AC4E08ED58B.jpeg
    3D16A87A-BF64-4BE7-A05A-5AC4E08ED58B.jpeg
    373.3 KB · Views: 45
  • F6EFA390-BD2E-4842-A5AC-5C2CB484F2C5.jpeg
    F6EFA390-BD2E-4842-A5AC-5C2CB484F2C5.jpeg
    420.9 KB · Views: 44
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Hows the new home , when are you planning to build pond number 2

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am building a second pond at the same home. But no progress so far other than ideas. The pics really help. Thank you all.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
I am building a second pond at the same home. But no progress so far other than ideas. The pics really help. Thank you all.
If want help, give us your ideas and want you seeking...here there are some of best project minds in the GPF. ;)
pics, drawning...anything :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
One of the great by-products of a bog filter is that once it's matured it just looks like any other garden.
Someone without the knowledge will have no clue that there's more going on under all those wonderful plants.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Honestly building a bog for someone like me with little to no landscape imagination is hard... sometimes you just start the project and keep working on it until it looks good.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Building a bog is actually quite simple. whether you dig a pit or build a raised bog. Folks here will spend the time to walk you through it. digging the pit other then the digging is quite simple. dig your hole at ;least a foot and a half deep pile the spoils around the edge but not so close it want to fall back in drop in the fabric and liner then i would do a second layer of fabric to protect it. Make a manifold with pvc pipe as you want to pump the water to the bottom. the pipe needs slits cut in and i place them downward. and fill with 3/8" pea or 3/4 river rock or both when you get up to grade as you fill the bog compact the spoil / spoils on the outside folding the liner and hiding it decorate with rock or wood. theres some edging details in the forum.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
One of the great by-products of a bog filter is that once it's matured it just looks like any other garden.
Someone without the knowledge will have no clue that there's more going on under all those wonderful plants.
100% agree with this! When I'm explaining to someone how the whole system works and point to the bog and say "that's the filter" they are extremely puzzled!

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this! It could solve a dilemma I'm currently facing.

Question: does the water flow back into the pond at multiple points along the bog wall? Or is it directed to a single place?

This grew in beautifully!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
YOU SHOULD HAVE YOUR LINER RUNNING BETWEEN THE POND AND THE BOG. While broken has not been around i would speculate the liner runs up and under the last course or two of the bog weeping wall .

if you don't have a water proof barrier between the two your loosing efficiency

Ask a Question