Can't see fish

Reaction score
Country
France
I'm still stuck on @GBBUDD shaking his pom poms... haha!

I grew up in a teeny tiny town and remember every winter all the farmers would line the foundations of their houses with bales of hay for warmth. Most houses were built on raised block foundations and the basements would get cold. Cold basement means cold floors in the house and potentially frozen pipes. My aunt refused to let my uncle do it, because it brought so many mice inside the house. She said she would rather freeze than deal with mice all winter. He instead put a coal burning stove in the basement to keep the chill off and would keep that thing burning all winter long... now that's true love!
Our Property here has cold floors , no damp course available in 1801 when it was built..very very thick walls and cool as a cucumber in the Hot Months ,love that fact ,but the Winter as we call it:rolleyes:..needs lots of Logs on the Burner for sure...Here is 1 photo of the snow we had here just once in the 6+ years we ,moved over from the UK......The two Ponds we had froze up, surprised how thick the frozen snow
was compared to what fell on the ground......I do know your going to smile at the amount of snowfall here compared to yours...I can take that on the chin...;)
thumbnail_PICT0001 (1).jpg

Ask a Question