j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Most all the deer here will run when they see a human. Had 3 in our yard a few years ago that I had to chase away waving a dish towel tho! I love seeing them but please don't eat my stuff. I hear they don't like blood meal.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks @Chumley . And of course you can use the paint scheme, but you must post pictures when you are done!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We get a lot of deer, they come out of our woods (which we never go into). Snack on the plants and head back. Usually they don't do enough damage for me to even notice. Between them, the rabbits, the ground hogs, surprised we even have any flowers remaining, but they seem to do fine.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Cas never seen that view of your pond. Love the bridge and your pond is beautiful as always!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You have a huge garden Addy! Those of us that can count the number of plants we have really notice when one is missing! ;)
I quit counting or worrying about them years ago. The deer are munching on the day lily flowers. But some they can't reach. These yellow ones are HUGE! and of course one of our plant munchers cute lil baby bunny.
IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1596.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I have a flower bed along the side of the garage that is all pink and purple flowers. I ordered a real pretty pink flower to replace one I didn't like very much. It just bloomed. Look at what I got instead. Ugh.

Ugh.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
That's funny ! What will you do with it? I had 13 water lilies in bloom yesterday, never happened before. Until the new ones from addy bloom, mine are all white.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I had 13 water lilies in bloom yesterday
Holy cow. And I was so happy with four. :) Take a picture and share!

I have no idea what I am going to do with an orange flower. I hate to get rid of it since I paid so much money for it (with the shipping and all), but I really don't want orange. If you lived closer I could give it to you!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I'm so happy to see my clematis in the front yard flowering this year. The deer have been eating all the buds off of it the last couple of years and it hasn't bloomed much. This year I tried 'liquid fence' deer and rabbit repellent and it is working great.
View attachment 101426

View attachment 101427
Love your pond and everything around it!
Does Liquid Fence work on chipmunks?

Ask a Question