cas's pond

1000 gallon garden pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Cas your pond is neat as a pin! :) Looking great. Mine is a little messier this year as I have let things sprout from seeds that I shouldn't have. :) I need to get brutal and start yanking stuff out around the pond I don't want there.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Cas your pond is neat as a pin!

Thanks Haver79, but you haven't seen me post any pictures of the plants around my pond these past few weeks. :) I haven't gotten much rain since July 27 and I couldn't keep up with the watering. I have one plant blooming next to the pond right now and everything else is brown. I refuse to show you how the pond looks now. :LOL: But, hey, no algae blooms and very little string algae, so all is not lost.

After seeing the pictures that you posted of your pond in the other thread, I realized I need to plant some flowers that bloom in August. The plants around your pond look so healthy. I love how lush it looks - don't pull out too much!

I think I have the blooming of the flowers timed pretty well for June and July. See the pictures below. But if you noticed, I left no room for August blooming plants. Well, maybe if I can get my water lilies to bloom, they would help. Ha!

6 JUNE.JPG

7 JULY.JPG

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Well, it's that time. Cut back the water lilies and some of the blue flag iris. Put the heavier net on and replaced the large aerator with the small one. None too soon - trees have really started to lose their leaves. :(

10 OCT (2) - Copy.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Cas how did you secure the net? I mean without it drooping in the middle? I love your pond and I agree with haver, even with the net on it's lovely. Now back to the net... Lol

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My pond is only 10 feet wide, so I just stretch the net and secure it with bricks. A heavy wet snow will end up putting the net into the water, so it isn't perfect. (Something I don't think you have to worry about. :))

Plus the one side of the pond by the bench is higher than the grassy side, maybe by a foot, so this gives the net some height.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I wish I would have kept the information on my winter pond net. It has been frozen in the ice and is still as good as new. This will be the twelfth winter with this net, so there is no way I remember, but I believe this netting is very similar to the one I have.

pond netting.jpg

Ask a Question