j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Bummer @GBBUDD ! Come to the Pacific N.W as our weather is pond friendly all year long at least here on the west side. Boy I know you hate our politics here tho and so do I so maybe you should try to go to a state that fits your politics better? What states would that be I wonder? @sissy says her state in Virginia is great on tax savings.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It takes 15 to 30 years for the virus we all knew before covid as New York and California to infect the rural states of the south and mid west. Finding some great potentials just not sure if I want to be over 3 hours to an airport.
@j.w w I have to admitt I do love your state. The wonders are boundless on different vacations I have spent a good 10 weeks out there. I probably know it nature wise better then most who live there. But with my love of Harley the secondary roads that have moss growing on them spells disaster.
Have found a few places in Tennessee, NC area but not sure if I want to deal with the heat.
ANY SUGESTIONS ?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Virginia is not all that tax friendly.i just left there after about 8 months. Though along the westerly border to the blue ridge and Shenandoah Valley are very attractive to me. Love love love that area. And in the mountains less heat so less heat more tax but less then here maybe the ticket.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Too early to do much gardening, but I did get a new path to the pond built. I loved the bridge that my brother-in-law made me years ago, but the posts had started to rot and instead of replacing them I decided to make a stone path instead.

X bridge to path 2021.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Looking yea, I have had enough of CT. Love my home my pond but the liberal bs give away everything tax everything has gone to far.. Taxes just to have the privilege to drive here for my vehicles to drive on ct roads nears $10,000 a year B S LIVE IN ANOTHER STATE AND $ 0.00
Another Connecticut Yankee here, moved south in 1988. We lived in South Carolina for about 10 years, and it has some lovely areas, fairly conservative, but you'll face the heat, even in the upstate. I'm currently in eastern NC, love the people and the area but the summers are very humid as well as hot. EVERYTHING is air conditioned. If that doesn't appeal to you I'd suggest you try western NC, but stay away from Asheville, Charlotte, and other university/liberal areas like Boone. You'll get some snow there, but not like up north, unless you head for higher altitudes.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
We are heading down to 21 or so tomorrow am. Maybe a flurry, but no amount of snow

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I was surprised how much snow would accumulate and then melt. A couple of times there were a couple of inches, melt and then come down again. Going to be another cold day today too, but sun is out and snow is melting. Warming up 50's on Saturday!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
It was 80+ here today. I really need to get my water lilies repotted, but I was not feeling well last weekend and had no ambition.

The frogs have been busy...there are LOTS of tadpoles and eggs in both ponds!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Alass I don't see tad poles for very long. I push to much water and they disapear.

Ask a Question