1000 gallon garden pond

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I guess I am lucky. This summer wasn't too bad for me. Only a few days where the humidity was so bad that I didn't want to go out and sit by the pond.

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
just looking at your waterfall, and I noticed out upright all those small river boulders were, how did you get them to stay like that? are they just drystacked or did you cement them?

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@TheFishGuy , My waterfall is dry stacked. It is pretty sturdy. The dogs stand on the rocks looking for chipmunks and it hasn't given way yet. ;)

2018-5-28 (5).JPG

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Wow!
@TheFishGuy , My waterfall is dry stacked. It is pretty sturdy. The dogs stand on the rocks looking for chipmunks and it hasn't given way yet. ;)

View attachment 133754

View attachment 133754
Wow! a drystacking job that I envy. ( sorry for the double quotes, slow internet so I pressed reply twice )

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
@Tula , I don't know how you do your 'Koi round up' every year. I didn't drain any water from my pond like you do, so it took hours for me to catch only 6 goldfish. There were 6 more I wanted to rehome, but they have won.... for now. If none of them are female, maybe they can stay. But no more babies!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I do it by either sheer determination or sheer stupidity ....take your pick :ROFLMAO:

I'll be doing it soon, probably this week.....I'll keep you posted !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
If all goes according to plan we'll be doing the 2020 Great Koi Round Up tomorrow....wish us luck ! I too drain down the pond @mrsclem , not completely but quite significantly. If I have trouble with some I'm prepared to transfer the adults to a live stock take and drain it completely, but hoping it does't come to that.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Like the virus oh so tired of the pond covered in snow the trees all bare. Haven't seen a fish in the pond in over a month. Your photos struck me @cas now I'm wishing for the warmer weather. But I may not have a pond to look at. That hits even harder.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I am still enjoying the cold, the bees asleep, the ponds asleep, time to get things ready for spring build up. Purging the garage, doing stuff we don't have time for in the spring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looking yea, I have had enough of CT. Love my home my pond but the liberal bs give away everything tax everything has gone to far.. Taxes just to have the privilege to drive here for my vehicles to drive on ct roads nears $10,000 a year B S LIVE IN ANOTHER STATE AND $ 0.00

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What a shame @GBBUDD . You just did more work on your pond. You haven't had enough time to sit back and enjoy it. What state would you move to?

Ask a Question