Chris from canada

new pond
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Canada
Awesome!!! You give me inspiration.

Are all your pond plants in containers? Not sure what part of Canada you're in - what do you do to winterize your pond and plants? I live in high desert - 90s during summer days, can get down to high 30s/40s during winter days, rarely in the 20s at night, occasional light snow. I've had goldfish survive the winter with light ice on the running waterfall (before the raccoons discovered them).

I think I would need to do something like that to keep out the raccoons - straight sides with a a foot or two above the water line and the water around two feet deep.
Also, plants are not in pots...just straight into the gravel...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hi there neighbour! Where abouts are you in Ontario? I’m in Barrie. I have a three year old pond I’m redoing the waterfall of and replanting yet again. Just wondering what you’ve found in the way of perennials for the bog that will survive our winters without being dug up and brought inside.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hi there neighbour! Where abouts are you in Ontario? I’m in Barrie. I have a three year old pond I’m redoing the waterfall of and replanting yet again. Just wondering what you’ve found in the way of perennials for the bog that will survive our winters without being dug up and brought inside.
This is an old post but when you post and you want for a certain member to see your post just type @Xtopher3 as that is Chris's member name here. Then he will see it, but he might not be a member anymore, I don't know.

Ask a Question